Mallincam Jr. Pro Video CCD Camera with Color EXview HAD CX428AKL Sensor
Due to popular demand for a low cost, entry-level astronomical video observational system, PRO-Com Electronics announces the return of the original MallinCam PRO now with additional features. This camera is called the MallinCam Jr PRO. It comes complete with upgrade 1/2" ccd ceramic sensor EXview HAD CX428AKL Color.
It comes complete with 25 ft. Video/Power Cable, 120 VAC to 12 VDC regulated power supply, the highly acclaimed 1.25" Deluxe adapter found on all other MallinCams, an RCA to BNC adapter, and a Pixel Wireless Exposure controller and it even includes the batteries!
The Mallin Cam Jr PRO Video CCD Camera can be purchased with either the standard 1/2 inch size Sony ceramic CCD sensor or the optional EXview HAD sensor for an additional $100.00. Either type of CCD sensor, the Standard sensor or the EXview HAD sensor, is available in color or B&W - something that the competition does not offer. This version of the MallinCam Jr PRO comes with 1/2" CCD sensors; not cheap 1/3" type found on the competition''s security type cameras.
The MallinCam Jr PRO is capable of exposures from 1/12,000 second through 99 minutes; and all exposures longer than 2 seconds must be selected using the included wireless exposure controller (WEC). The Mallincam Jr PRO also has an RS 232 auxiliary port for computer control of the camera''s MENU. A computer cable is available as an option for those who wish to control the MallinCam Jr PRO''s menu through computer. In addition a wired menu keypad is also available for those who do not want to use a PC in the field, but want to adjust the menu without having to use the 5 small buttons on the camera for this purpose. A version of the MallinCam Control Software tailored for the Jr PRO is available at no charge.
The Mallin Cam Jr PRO Video CCD Camera uses standard, off the shelves components and is uncooled. For those desiring to create images with the Jr PRO, all that is needed is the subtraction of a dark frame to obtain excellent results. For live viewing, no computer is required. Simply connect the Jr PRO''s composite or s-video output to a monitor, DVR, or to a computer using a capture device and you get a live image in color or black and white, depending on the sensor purchased. For the observer who wishs to explore the night sky with Astro Video Technology developed by MallinCam, the MallinCam Jr PRO is the answer for anyone on a budget.
If you ever wanted to increase the aperture of your telescope to be able to see deeper and fainter targets, you can now do so with your current telescope electronically. Using a EXview HAD black and white sensor in a MallinCam Jr PRO will make your scope function like a much larger visual scope. Anyone with eye problems can now enjoy visual observation again with the new MallinCam Jr PRO. Family and friends will be able to share precious moment of the telescope while observing the monitor of all deep sky objects. The New MallinCam Jr PRO can do it all - Deep Sky, Lunar, and Planets.
Before you spend major money on a modified security camera, consider the Mallin Cam Jr PRO Video CCD Camera. MallinCam has been a solid name in the industry, leading the Astro Video CCD Camera market for live observation since 1985. They are an industry leader in public star parties across the world, offering live views to the public. As an excellent tool for public outreach programs of various organization, the MallinCam Jr PRO certainly can hold its status among the many crowds observing live. Reliability and ease of operation has been key in designing this new camera. Those limited by eyesight problems can now enjoy astronomy again!
Mallincam Jr. Pro Video CCD Camera Features...
- Full Shutter Speed Adjustment including OFF, 1/100, 1/120, 1/180, 1/250, 1/350, 1/500, 1/750, 1/1,000, 1/1,500, 2,000, 1/3,000, 1/4,000, 1/6,000, 1/8,000, and 1/12,000
- On Board Title Generator that allows for the placement of the name of the object being viewed on the monitor. This is excellent for group viewings at museums, planetariums, educational facilities and star parties or while broadcasting over the Night Skies Network.
- Long Exposure Modes including 2X, 4X, 6X, 8X, 12X, 16X, 24X, 32X, 48X, 64X, 96X, and 128X or 1/32th of a second to 2.1 seconds and with the New Interface built and designed by MallinCam using the Pixel wireless exposure control allows exposure from 3 seconds all the way up to 99 minutes offering a rating of well over 0.00000005LUX.
- RS 232 Interface offering complete PC camera control using the Control Cable and FREE MallinCam Control Software. A Serial Port is needed on the PC, and if one is not available, a optional USB to Serial Adapter can be utilized. (RS 232 Cable optional)
- FULL AGC Adjustment (GAIN) in Auto Mode, Manual Mode (for Deep Sky objects) and OFF (for Deep Sky targets, and Lunar, Planetary, and Solar observing)
- Two Fully Independent Video Outputs - High Resolution S-VHS and 75 Ohm Composite (Both can be used simultaneously!)
- Positive and Negative Image Selection
- Horizontal Image Inversion (mirror effect)
- Vertical Image Inversion (mirror effect)
- Freeze Image Function
- Gamma Selection (0.45 or 1.00)
- APC Function (Advanced Pixel Control to eliminate all stars artifacts)
- High Light Adjust Function (Electronic Coronagraph and Electronic Stellar Coronagraph)
- Full Digital Zoom (Up to 2X in 16 steps)
Mallincam Jr. Pro Video CCD Camera Includes...
1- MALLINCAM Jr PRO
1- Regulated Power Supply 120 volts to 12 Volts DC Adapter
(PAL export version comes with 220 Volts to 12 Volts D/C Adapter
1- 25'' (7 Meters) High Grade Dual Shielded Power/Composite Video Cable
1- 1.25" adapter
1- RCA ro BNC adapter
1- Pixel transmitter and receiver Wireless Exposure control
Mallincam Product Number: MC-JRPRO2