About the Sky-Watcher Heritage P130 - 5" Tabletop Dobsonian Telescope...
To celebrate the International Year of Astronomy, Sky-Watcher Telescope created this great commemorative model telescope - the optical tube emblazoned with the names of all the great astronomers. However, this telescope is anything but a decorative piece - it''s a real astronomical Sky-Watcher Telescope that''s highly capable!
The 130mm parabolic primary mirror of the SkyWatcher Heritage P130 Tabletop Dobsonian is aluminized for bright, crisp views of the Moon, planets, nebulae, star clusters, galaxies, comets and more. It has enough light gathering power to reveal all the Messier objects and a significant amount of the NGC catalog as well. It is not a toy... It''s a great Sky-Watcher Telescope in a very portable package!
Unlike a traditional reflector telescope with a bulky equatorial or altazimuth mount, the SkyWatcher P130 Heritage Tabletop Dobsonian Telescope collapses into itself, making for a short, secure package. The Sky-Watcher Mount is very easy to learn to use - no gears to strip or tripod to contend with. Just set this Sky-Watcher Telescope up on a secure surface, such as a tabletop or car hood and you are good to go. The Sky-Watcher Mount moves like a lazy-susan, with simple up and down and side to side movements.
The SkyWatcher Heritage P130 Collapsible Tabletop Dobsonian Telescope is ready to go right out of the box. It includes two Sky-Watcher Telescope Eyepieces for a variety of magnification choices and a red-dot reflex finderscope for easy target acquisition. You''ll love what this Sky-Watcher Telescope can do!
Sky-Watcher Heritage P130 - 5" Tabletop Dobsonian Telescope Features...
- Collectable International Year of Astronomy 2009 Special Edition. Perfect gift idea for the little astronomers or anyone curious enough to look up and wonder.
- Extreme portability: Tube collapses to only 14.5" long. Total weight less than 14lbs
- Collapsible truss-tube design, no disassembling and collimation required between uses
- Aluminized paraboloidal mirrors, providing sharp and detailed images
- Enough light gathering power to provide outstanding resolution and bright image
- Great all-around astronomical viewing performance
- Diameter: 130mm, Focal length: 650mm, F/ratio: F/5
Sky-Watcher Heritage P130 - 5" Tabletop Dobsonian Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector (Parabolic)
Lens/Mirror Material: Pyrex
Focal Length: 650mm
Secondary Mirror Diameter: 34.5mm
Highest Practical Power: 260x
Faintest Steller Magnitude: 13.3
Resolving Power: 0.9
Finderscope: red dot finderscope
Focuser diameter: 1.25"
Eyepiece(s): 2 eyepieces
Mount Type: DobsonianSkyWatcher Product Number: 31002