Explore Scientific FirstLight 8" Newtonian Telescope - OTA Only
- 203 mm (8") Newtonian Telescope OTA
- Generous 203 mm aperture has lots of light-gathering capability; Lets you see many galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters
- Fast focal ratio (f/4.9) shortens exposure times for deep sky photography
- Model comes with a 25 mm Plössl eyepiece and a red dot finder to aid in object location
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images
- OTA Only, NO mount Included
This is an Explore Scientific FirstLight 8" Newtonian Reflector Telescope Optical Tube Assembly (OTA). This Newtonian design telescope has an aperture of 203 mm (8") and an f/number of f/4.9, for a focal length of 1000 mm. It is a white colored tube Newtonian scope with a primary mirror of 203 mm aperture. It comes with a 25 mm Plossl eyepiece, a Red Dot Finder, and a Smartphone Adapter. It has an aperture which is large enough to collect light very well and provide the views of many of the better deep sky objects, as well as planets, and the Moon. It includes a smartphone adapter to help you use your smart device to capture and share images. No mount is included with this model. This is a Newtonian telescope you will want for doing some serious astronomical observing.
Install this OTA on your own existing mount or purchase a suitable Explore Scientific mount from us.
Includes a Limited One year Warranty from Explore Scientific, after registration.
|Telescope Design:||Newtonian Reflector|
|Focal Length:||1000 mm focal length|
|Lens Coatings:||Full Multi-Coating|
|Adapter:||2.5" Hexagonal Focuser|
|Parabolic primary Mirror Diameter:||203 mm|
|Eyepiece (Included):||25 mm Plössl|
|Comes With:||Smartphone Adapter, One 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece, Red Dot Finder, Downloadable Software|