About the Sky-Watcher Esprit 120ED Super APO Triplet GoTo Refractor Telescope w/ AZ-EQ6 SynScan GPS...
The Sky-Watcher Esprit 120ED Super APO Triplet Refractor Telescope has a doublet field flattener to get a flat field and minimize aberration and distortion. Its Sky-Watcher Telescope M48 adapter for cameras assure larger clear aperture than M42 adapter to reduce halation as much as possible. Connect the triplet and doublet field flattener with a high precision thin thread to keep the optical axis perpendicular to the image.
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 with SynScan GPS gives optimal stability and pointing accuracy for a wide variety of heavy professional photo and video equipment. It is a hybrid Sky-Watcher Mount with alt-azimuth capability for general use, and equatorial capability for astrophotography use. The Sky-Watcher Telescope comes supplied with a SynScan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware. Even more, it can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestrial objects from its database!
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 with SynScan GPS is capable of carrying heavy-duty photographic equipment - up to 25 kg for professional shooting and video recording. It allows accurate, repeatable settings on six programmable targets. The AZ-EQ6 Sky-Watcher Mount is a very efficient transportable mount weighing only 15 kg, for a load capacity of 25 kg (counterweight excluded).
An excellent feature of the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 with SynScan GPS is the patented dual-encoder technology. This technology allows the Sky-Watcher Telescope to be moved manually either axis without the Sky-Watcher Mount losing its positional information which gives enormous freedom and convenience for users.
Don''t forget, we carry plenty of Sky-Watcher Accessories, too! Look for Sky-Watcher Telescope Eyepieces and Sky-Watcher Telescope Filters for visual observers! Astrophotography buffs will appreciate Sky-Watcher Photo Adapters and the Sky-Watcher SynGuider!
Sky-Watcher Esprit 120ED Super APO Triplet GoTo Refractor Telescope w/ AZ-EQ6 SynScan GPS Features...
- Premium optical materials
- Short focal length and full frame corrected focal plane
- Excellent field flatness
- Precision linear power focuser is standard
- Metallic high-transmission lens coatings
- Light-baffled optical systems
- Telescope tube attachment hardware
- German Equatorial / Alt-Az dual mode
- Permanent periodic error correction(PPEC). PPEC can be trained with Autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive - Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- Shutter release control for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- Motor controller with high torque and accuracy.
- Includes two dual-fit (45mm/75mm) saddle for mounting two telescopes.
- Improved reliable power supply outlet.
- New motor controller with higher torque and accuracy.
- Polar-alignment with polar-scope or SynScan HC'''s polar-alignment routine. (Other dual mode mounts in the market do not have a polar scope.)
- Primary axis encoder tracks the mount'''s position.
- Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount alignment.
- Includes two Dual-fit saddles and two 5kg counterweights.
Sky-Watcher Esprit 120ED Super APO Triplet GoTo Refractor Telescope w/ AZ-EQ6 SynScan GPS Specifications...
Optical Design: Apochromatic Refractor
Focal Length: 840mm
Highest Practical Power: 240x
Finder Scope: Right Angled 9 x 50 Erect Image
Focuser Diameter: 3" Linear Power Focuser
Diagonal: 2" 90 deg. Dielectric Diagonal with 1.25" adapter
Eye Piece: LET 2"-28
Tube Weight: 11kg
Tube Dimensions: 155x750 mm
Shipping Weight: 15 kg
Shipping Dimensions: 122x45x47 cm3
Mount Type: Combination Altazimuth/Equatorial
Load Capacity: 25 kg
Tracking Accuracy: 0.1436 arc minutes
DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port: Yes
Autoguider Port: Yes
PEC: Control in EQ mode
Polar Alignment: via software control or supplied polar scope
Alignment methods: 1, 2, or 3 star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2 star alignment (AZ)
Telescope Connection: 2 x dual-fit saddle plates supplied accepting 45mm & 75mm dovetail bars
RA/DEC Worm Gears: D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
RA/DEC Axes: D=40mm, steel
Latitude Adjustment Range: 10o to 70o, 90o
Azimuth Adjustment Range: About 9o
Tripod: 2" Stainless Steel
Counterweights supplied: 2 x 5kg
Counterweight Bar: 25mm Diameter
Mount Body Weight: 15.4kg, Tripod Weight: 7.5kg
Power requirement: 12V DC 3A (Sky-Watcher 17Ah Power Tank recommended)SkyWatcher Product Number: BD110502