About the Nikon EDG 20X60 Zoom 85mm Spotting Scope...
We offer a broad selection of the finest Nikon Fieldscopes and interchangeable Nikon Spotting Scope Eyepieces, all delivering peerless magnification through brilliant Nikon Spotting Scope optics while featuring rugged, waterproof construction. The lineup features an attractive selection - from the flagship EDG Fieldscopes to compact, entry-level models - suitable for a variety of pursuits.
Turn your Nikon Spotting Scope into a super telephoto lens! Just add a Nikon Digiscoping Bracket or Nikon Digiscoping Adapter (Nikon 1) or Nikon Digital SLR Camera Attachment (EDG) to your favorite Nikon Digital Camera!
Nikon EDG 20X60 Zoom 85mm Spotting Scope Features...
- The world'''s first Fieldscopes featuring Nikon'''s lens-shift type VR (Vibration Reduction) system (as of October, 2011)
- Reduces vibrations to approx. 1/8*1 during observation, providing the equivalent of a shutter speed approx. 2 stops faster in digiscoping
- Easy VR operation; after turning the VR lock knob, pressing the VR button once activates the function
- VR function turns off automatically after approx. 30 minutes of turning VR on (Auto power off function)
- Readily available AA-size batteries are used
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for chromatic aberration compensation and brighter, clearer viewing
- Phase-correction-coated roof prism for high resolution
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating on roof prism for the brightest view (straight models only)
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for the brightest images
- Waterproof (up to 2m/6.6 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog free with nitrogen gas and O-ring seals (body-and-eyepiece joint is water-resistant)
- Stylish design
- Three tripod mount screw holes provided for flexible mounting; optimum balance achieved through CAE (Computer Aided Engineering)
- Seven eyepieces exclusively for EDG Fieldscopes are optionally available
- Built-in sliding hood protects objective lens
Nikon EDG 20X60 Zoom 85mm VR Spotting Scope Specifications...
Objective diameter (mm): 85
Close focusing distance (m): 5.0
Length x width (mm) (body only): 398x141x104
Weight (g) (body only): 2,400 (without batteries)
Vibration Reduction effects (at 25C): Observation: Degree of vibration is reduced to approx. 1/8
Digiscoping: Equivalent of a shutter speed approx. 2 stops faster
Power source: AA alkaline battery x4, AA lithium battery x4, or AA Ni-MH (nickel metal hydride) battery x4
Battery life (at 25C): Approx. 17 hours (AA alkaline battery), approx. 31 hours (AA lithium battery), approx. 15 hours [AA Ni-MH (nickel metal hydride) battery]
Nikon Product Number: 8275
Customer Note: While waterproof and water resistant, this scope is not meant for underwater useage.