Coronado SolarMax III 90 mm H-alpha Solar Telescope
- 30 mm Blocking Filter
SolarMax III 90 mm H-alpha Solar Telescope - 30 mm Blocking Filter - Features:
- Fully Integrated 90 mm Aperture H-alpha Solar Telescope
- 800 mm Focal Length - f/8.8
- Includes Coronado’s patented RichView Tuning System
- Sol Ranger Viewfinder
- 30 mm Blocking Filter
- <0.7 Angstrom Hydrogen-alpha-line Bandpass
- Included 12 mm, 18 mm, 25 mm CEMAX eyepieces, & CEMAX 2x Barlow
- Enhanced rack & pinion Focuser
- Vixen-style dovetail mounting rail
- Black and gold hard carry case included to protect your investment
The SolarMax III is a 90 mm Aperture f/8.8 refractor solar telescope equipped with 90 mm external Hydrogen–alpha (H-α) filters. This telescope is a single-stacked <0.7 Angstrom Hydrogen-alpha-line Bandpass with a 30 mm blocking filter. This is a great choice for doing CCD imaging of the Sun.
The Coronado SolarMax III 90 mm H-alpha Solar Telescope has a new two-speed rack & pinion focuser which creates a more user-friendly interaction with the telescope. The two-speed, 2” focuser has both coarse and fine focus controls allowing the user to get a more precise focus, which is critical and helpful, for both solar imaging and visual observing.
Additionally, the SM3 90 mm includes only external “True” H-α etalon filters giving higher contrast views and sharper features compared with models using smaller internal H-α etalon designs. You will experience darker backgrounds, sharper features, and higher contrast with the new SolarMax III series telescope.
The SM3 90 mm also includes Coronado’s patented RichView tuning allowing direct tuning of the primary etalon filter. The patented RichView tuning technology provides additional tuning range and an overall better way of adjusting the filter's bandpass. No other commercially available H-α telescope can provide the tuning range and accuracy of the new SolarMax III telescope. Now you can tune for the highest contrast views of your favorite solar features without sacrificing image quality.
The new Coronado 90 mm SolarMax III series telescope with enhanced rack & pinion focuser and large external etalon is now the perfect way to view the Sun! The SM3 90 mm comes with an included 12 mm, 18 mm, and a 25 mm CEMAX eyepieces, plus a CEMAX 2x Barlow lens. Also included in this telescope package are a Sol Ranger™ Solar Finder, a Vixen-style dovetail mounting rail, and an all-new black and gold Aluminum Hard Carry Case (Dimensions: 26.5" x 8.66" x 8.66") to protect your investment. Enjoy viewing and imaging the Sun as you never have before!
- Series: SolarMax III Solar Telescopes
- Clear Aperture: 90 mm
- Optical Design: Achromatic Refractor
- Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Focal Length: 800 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/8.8
- Viewfinder: Sol Ranger™
- Eyepiece(s): Coronado CEMAX 12 mm, 18 mm, 25 mm
- Barlow: CEMAX 2x Barlow Lens
- Focuser Mechanism: 2" Rack and Pinion with (7:1) Fine Focus
- Diagonal: 90 Degree Diagonal with Solar Filters - 30 mm Blocking Filter
- Dovetail: Vixen-Style
- Assembled Product Dimensions: 27.9" L x 6.2" W x 7.0" H
- Assembled Product Weight: 17.47 lb