Nikon D5300 DX-Series Digital Camera W/18-55 mm Lens Kit
Meet the first in an exciting new generation of Wi-Fi enabled, ultra-high-resolution Nikon HD-SLRs: the Nikon D5300 Digital Camera. With built-in Wi-Fi for photo sharing to your smartphone or tablet, GPS and mapping, a cutting edge 24.2-megapixel image sensor, an extra-large swiveling Vari-angle LCD and more, D5300 brings an outstanding new level of image quality and capabilities in a compact, ergonomic design. Pair this Nikon Camera with any NIKKOR lens - like the outstanding AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR kit lens - and unleash the full potential of its innovative image sensor. Your photos will be richer, truer to life than most photos you''ve seen. HD video will have a stunning cinematic look, a level of sharpness and clarity that ignites on ultra-high-resolution tablets, laptops and TVs. And the first time you use your smartphone or tablet to instantly share photos from the D5300, you''ll realize the game has truly changed.
NOTE: This product is a Nikon Kit which includes the Nikon D5300 DX-Series Digital Camera and also includes a Nikon 18-55 mm f/3.5-f/5.6 Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens. You will be ready to shoot photos!
Kit includes the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II, ultra-compact all around NIKKOR lens, which utilizes the retractable lens barrel design from the Nikon 1 camera system. Shoot sharp detailed shots and Full HD videos. The lens features Vibration Reduction for the sharpest handheld photos and videos.
The sharpness, clarity and richness of colors in the D5300''s photos and Full HD videos is nothing short of astounding. A recent design innovation allows the Nikon D5300 Digital Camera''s 24.2-megapixel DX format CMOS image sensor to capture pure, lifelike images. Enlarge or crop your photos without losing any sharpness or detail - a feat not possible with most smartphones. Pair that capability with any exceptional NIKKOR lens, marvels of clarity and sharpness in their own right, and you''ll experience the image quality your memories deserve.
With built-in Wi-Fi and GPS*, the D5300 is the first in an exciting new generation of connected Nikon D-SLRs. Wirelessly connect to Nikon D5300 Digital Camera with your smartphone or tablet, then browse the photos on D5300''s memory card, import your favorites and instantly email them, text them or post them online. While connected, your smart device can also act as a remote monitor for the D5300. See what your Nikon Camera sees and even fire the shutter - perfect for group shots and self portraits! When traveling, built-in GPS geotags all of your shots. Create exciting travel journals, find nearby Points of Interest and easily share your location data when posting photos on Facebook or Flickr.
Don''t let the small size of the Nikon D5300 Digital Camera fool you - it delivers big-camera quality and capabilities. Like all Nikon D-SLRs, the D5300 was designed for ergonomics - every button and dial was carefully placed for comfortable, efficient operation. Yet it''s big in all the right places, like its 3.2-inch swiveling Vari-angle LCD and its 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor. You''ll take the D5300 on every adventure, which means you''ll bring home more stunning views of your travels.
The Nikon D5300 Digital Camera''s extra-large ultra-high resolution Vari-angle LCD swivels 180 degrees so you can shoot from exciting new angles. Hold the camera overhead for great shots over a crowd. Hold your Nikon Camera down low for a fun face-to-face perspective of your pet. And create some of your best selfies yet - frame a stunning new profile pic, then upload it right to web, thanks to Wi-Fi connectivity!
The Nikon D5300 Digital Camera features exceptional metering and onboard intelligence, freeing you to focus on the composition of your shots and, most importantly, the moment that''s taking place. Nikon''s outstanding Scene Recognition System analyzes your shooting situation, compares it to an onboard database of thousands of scenes, and automatically determines the most appropriate auto exposure, i-TTL flash exposure, white balance and autofocus settings.
Nikon D5300 DX-Series Digital Camera Body Features...
- Exquisite detail reproduction realized by an image sensor unit designed without an optical low-pass filter.
- 39-point high-density autofocus system with 9 cross-type sensors quickly locks onto your subject, and Nikon''s unique 3D-tracking uses the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor to recognize and follow it across the frame
- When photo-worthy action starts, hold down the shutter button and capture every movement, expression and feeling at 5 frames per second, even when using the Vari-angle LCD. Stop reaching for your smartphone when an important moment happens - except to share the great shot you just caught with the D5300
- Bring the image quality the D5300 produces - softly blurred backgrounds, tack-sharp details, vibrant colors - to dazzling 1080p Full HD videos. In Live View, Nikon''s full-time autofocus follows your subject and keeps it sharp. A built-in stereo microphone adds high-fidelity sound to your videos, or you can add Nikon''s optional accessory ME-1 stereo microphone for the highest quality sound possible
- Make a single vivid color pop in a black & white photo, turn a landscape into a toy model, shoot portraits that look like paintings, make your D5300 behave like a toy camera (new) and more, then share your creations with your smartphone or tablet.
- Built-in HDR automatically combines two photos into one highly dynamic image, and new subject-based D-Lighting automatically brightens shadowy areas on your subjects - great for portraits.
- Perfect the photos you share with D5300''s Retouch Menu. Easily crop, apply filters, effects and more right in the camerano additional software needed - then instantly share your edited shot with your smartphone or tablet.
- Even if you''re new to D-SLR photography, getting great results in difficult situations couldn''t be easier - just select from 16 common Scene Modes for your situation, or let the camera pick for you.
Nikon D5300 DX-Series Digital Camera Body Specifications...
Type: Single-lens reflex digital camera
Lens Mount: Nikon F bayonet mount
Effective Pixels: 24.2 million
Sensor Size: 23.5 mm x 15.6 mm
Image Sensor Format: DX
Image Sensor Type: CMOS
Total Pixels: 24.7 million
Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 4.92 in. (125 mm) x 3.9 in. (98.0 mm) x 3.0 in. (76.0 mm)
Approx. Weight: 16.9 oz. (480 g) camera body only
Nikon Product Number: 33884