Celestron LRGB Imaging Filter Set
- This Celestron LRGB Imaging Filter Set is perfect for the Celestron Skyris Filter Wheel.
- Round red, blue, green, and luminance filters made with quality glass, and mounted in a standard 1.25” cell.
- Dichroic coatings and multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings produce images with optimum color balance and light throughput.
- Filters transmit more than 92% of light from the entire visual spectrum, while blocking more than 99% of IR transmissions in the 730 - 920nm range.
- Celestron LRGB filters are compatible with Skyris cameras, The Imaging Source cameras, and others that accept standard 1.25” filters.
Take color images of the night sky with your Skyris monochrome CCD camera, a simple filter wheel, and this four-piece LRGB filter set! These imaging filters were designed by Celestron in California with a spectrum bandpass that produced optimum color balance and sharpness. One of the photos below shows the spectral transmission characteristics.
Each of these Celestron LRGB Imaging Filters are mounted in a 1.25” cell, and has a clear aperture of 26 mm, and is layered with dichroic coatings that allow transmission of more than 92% of the visual spectrum (420nm-680nm), while blocking infrared (IR) transmissions that would cause slightly out-of-focus images were they left unblocked. Anti-reflection coatings are also applied in multiple layers to further increase contrast and light throughput, and to protect the filter from the effects of daily use.
The Celestron LRGB Filter Set includes a red (R), green (G), blue (B), and luminance (L) filter. Since they are mounted in a standard 1.25” cell, these filters can be used with a wide variety of cameras, including the Celestron Skyris and The Imaging Source astronomy cameras.
This Filter Set comes with a Celestron 2 Year warranty.