Celestron EclipSmart Solar Telescope 50 with Backpack
- Celestron's EclipSmart Solar Telescope 50 is a 50mm refractor with fully coated glass optics which produce a nice crisp focus to see sunspot groups
- This white light solar telescope from Celestron uses full aperture ISO certified glass solar filters which are permanently mounted, and have been independently tested to meet ISO standards for safe direct viewing of the Sun. The filters are permanently attached and cannot be accidentally removed while observing
- Solar safe finderscope allows you to easily align the telescope to the Sun without directly viewing the Sun. Just line up the shadow of the pointer with the center of the target reticle and the Sun should appear in your eyepiece
- Photo-style alt-azimuth mount & tripod allows easy adjust and aiming of the telescope while offering great stability. This telescope can even point straight overhead, without interference
- A 20mm (1.25") eyepiece offers 18x magnification for a good image scale, while offering a wide field of view to make it easier to track the Sun's apparent motion
- Includes lightweight and convenient backpack holds and protects your solar scope, tripod and all of the accessories, making it easy to carry to remote observing sites
This Celestron EclipSmart TravelScope 50 is a dedicated white-light solar telescope for the observer on the go. This 50mm aperture refracting telescope uses Celestron’s Solar Safe, ISO compliant, full-aperture glass filter material to ensure the safest view of solar events. The kit comes complete with everything you need, including the dedicated solar telescope, a Solar Safe finderscope, tripod, a high quality 20mm eyepiece, a hybrid star diagonal, and a nylon backpack to carry everything. This EclipSmart TravelScope 50 telescope makes it easy to share an eclipse with the whole family and offers much higher magnifications than you would otherwise get using handheld solar viewers or solar-filtered binoculars.
SOLAR SAFE TECHNOLOGY
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology providing the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including both IR and UV light, and filters 99.999% of intense visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct solar observation and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and, AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track the Sun in the eyepiece as it appears to drift across the daytime sky.
The EclipSmart Travel Solar Scope 50 comes with one eyepiece (20mm), a hybrid star diagonal for a more comfortable viewing angle, a permanently attached solar finderscope, and a travel backpack.
Solar Finderscope – The EclipSmart telescope comes with a 100% safe solar finderscope that allows you to align your telescope without looking directly at the Sun. The finderscope comes pre-installed and ready for use. Simply center the projection arm’s shadow on the bull’s eye, and the Sun will be positioned within the field of view of your telescope’s eyepiece.
Travel Backpack – A custom backpack comes with your telescope so you can store your optical tube, tripod, eyepieces, and accessories. Traveling with your EclipSmart scope is a breeze; all the components fit comfortably inside the backpack.
|Focal length||360mm, f/7.2|
|Objective lens type||Achromatic doublet, air-spaced|
|Optical coatings||Fully Coated|
|Solar Filters||ISO certified glass filters, full aperture, permanently attached|
|Finderscope||Zero power Solar Safe finderscope|
|Star Diagonal||Hybrid mirror diagonal, accepts 1.25” eyepieces|
|Eyepiece||20mm Kellner (1.25”), 18x magnification|
|Highest Useful Magnification||118x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||7.14x|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||2.79 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||2.32 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power||51x the naked eye|