About the Vernonscope Brandon 24mm 1.25" Parfocal Ocular - Flat-Top...
Brandon eyepieces, like the Vernonscope Brandon 24mm 1.25" Parfocal Eyepiece are noted for their exceptional contrast and extremely dark background, two reasons why Questar Corporation has been including them with their telescopes since 1971. All Brandon eyepieces are parfocal.
In a test of many eyepieces, noted deep-sky observer, Ron Morales, rated Brandon eyepieces #1 for contrast, which is the single most important characteristic for any eyepiece and is inherent in the Vernonscope Brandon 24mm 1.25" Parfocal Eyepiece. Some question why we do not multi-coat our Brandon lenses. In the past, several sets of Brandons were made with 7-layer multi-coatings with no improvement. In fact, not using multi-coating eliminates or greatly reduces the phenomenon known as narrow angle light scatter. Multi-coatings have more narrow angle light scatter than standard eyepiece coatings. This effect readily can be seen when viewing bright objects like Venus, Mars, or Jupiter, where this scatter greatly interferes with low-contrast detail.
When using Brandon eyepieces like the Vernonscope Brandon 24mm 1.25" Parfocal Eyepiece, you also will notice a significant difference in the background darkness immediately surrounding a bright object, especially important for planetary or double-star observing. In addition, lunar detail such as the bands of Aristarchus are much better defined. All Brandon eyepieces are assembled and tested in Raleigh, NC, to assure consistent high quality.
Leave the world of ordinary eyepieces behind and step up to Brandons!
Vernonscope Brandon 24mm 1.25" Parfocal Ocular - Flat-Top Features...
- Noted for exceptional contrast and extremely dark background
- Optical elements are exactingly ground and hard-coated with magnesium fluoride
- Parfocal mechanical designs - no need to refocus when changing eyepieces
- Threaded at the base to accept all 1 1/4" Vernonscope mounted glass filters
- Precision metal parts are black-anodized for antireflection and machined to standard 1 1/4" diameter
- All Brandon eyepieces are assembled and tested in Raleigh, NC, to assure consistent high quality
Vernonscope Brandon 24mm 1.25" Parfocal Ocular - Flat-Top Specifications...
Eyepiece barrel size: 1.25"
Effective focal length: 24mm
Field of view: about 52 degrees
Eye relief: 24mm
Field stop diameter: 22mmVernonscope Product Number: VB24FT