Collimate your Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope without special tools when you use Bob's Knobs! It's easy: Just grab a Bob's Knob Collimation Thumbscrew and turn it. You can even do it while looking through the eyepiece on many scopes. You'll never drop that pesky little Allen wrench or screwdriver into the grass again. Installation is a snap with the included instructions, and you can undo the modification at any time if you wish. The factory dust cover will fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed on your secondary.
- Installation is a snap with the included instructions
- Modification can be undone at any time
- Knobs are crafted from black plastic, black oxide steel (black) and/or stainless steel (silver)
- No tools required to perform a collimation!
These Bob's Knobs M8wf collimation screws will fit the Meade 8” (20 cm) f/6.3 SCT versions (2080, LX6, LX10, LX50, LX100, LX200) which are marked "f/6.3 WIDE-FIELD" (or some variation of this) on the corrector ring.
Knobs: Stainless steel, 12 mm (1/2”) diameter
Threads: Stainless steel
- Since the factory dust cover contacts the secondary housing when installed, additional clearance is needed to make room for the knobs. Bob's Knobs provides a set of spacers that attach to the inside of the dust cover to move it slightly away from the secondary assembly. You can also press the center of the cover from the inside to contour it for additional clearance.
- An Allen wrench for removing the factory collimation screws is included with your order.