Bob's Knobs for Meade 8” f/10 with the 4-Screw Secondary
Collimate your Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope without special tools when you use Bob's Knobs! It's easy: Just grab a Bob's Knob Collimation Thumbscrew and turn it. You can even do it while looking through the eyepiece on many scopes. You'll never drop that pesky little Allen wrench or screwdriver into the grass again. Installation is a snap with the included instructions, and you can undo the modification at any time if you wish. The factory dust cover will fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed on your secondary.
- Installation is a snap with the included instructions
- Modification can be undone at any time
- Knobs are crafted from black plastic, black oxide steel (black) and/or stainless steel (silver)
- No tools required to perform a collimation!
The Bob's Knobs M8-4 collimation screws will fit the Meade 8” (20 cm) f/10 SCT versions with four screws on the secondary housing (LX90, LX200, others).
Knobs: Black plastic, 13 mm (1/2”) diameter
Threads: Black anodized aluminum alloy
- The factory dust cover should fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed. If your dust cover contacts the knobs, we provide a set of spacers that attach to the inside of the dust cover to move it slightly away from the secondary assembly. Contact us for a free set. You can also press the center of the cover from the inside to contour it for additional clearance.
- Pre-2005 Meade 8” telescopes have three screws on the secondary housing and no fourth screw on the side. The surface of the 3-screw secondary is textured, not smooth like the surface of the 4-screw secondary pictured. The 3-screw secondary requires different knobs (Item A above) Do not use knobs for the 4-screw secondary on the 3-screw secondary. The screws on the 4-screw knobs are too long.
- An Allen wrench for removing the factory collimation screws is included with your order.