Bob's Knobs for C8 f/10 Secondary with Hyperstar and Metric Collimation Screw Threads - Stainless
Collimate your Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope without special tools when you use Bob's Knobs! It's easy: Just grab a Bob's Knob Collimation Thumbscrew and turn it. You can even do it while looking through the eyepiece on many scopes. You'll never drop that pesky little Allen wrench or screwdriver into the grass again. Installation is a snap with the included instructions, and you can undo the modification at any time if you wish. The factory dust cover will fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed on your secondary.
- Installation is a snap with the included instructions
- Modification can be undone at any time
- Knobs are crafted from black plastic, black oxide steel (black) and/or stainless steel (silver). This product is the Stainless steel version.
- No tools required to perform a collimation!
These C8hypSS (stainless steel) from Bob's Knobs will fit the
Celestron 8” (20 cm) f/10 SCT with metric collimation screws and Hyperstar option.
Knobs: Stainless steel (black), 12 mm (1/2”) diameter
- These knobs are taller than our other metric knobs to compensate for the countersunk factory screws in the Hyperstar secondary.
- Black oxide steel (shown in photo) is for dry environments. Lightly oil the knobs periodically as an anti-corrosion measure. Stainless steel provides better corrosion protection in coastal or high humidity areas, or in places where dew or other condensation is common. These are stainless steel.
- The factory dust cover will fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed.