Bob's Knobs for C5 f/10 Secondary with Metric Collimation Screw Threads
Collimate your Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope without special tools when you use Bob's Knobs! It's easy: Just grab a Bob's Knob Collimation Thumbscrew and turn it. You can even do it while looking through the eyepiece on many scopes. You'll never drop that pesky little Allen wrench or screwdriver into the grass again. Installation is a snap with the included instructions, and you can undo the modification at any time if you wish. The factory dust cover will fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed on your secondary.
- Installation is a snap with the included instructions
- Modification can be undone at any time
- Knobs are crafted from black plastic, black oxide steel (black) and/or stainless steel (silver)
- No tools required to perform a collimation!
Part: C5metBO (black oxide steel); C5metSS (stainless steel) Fits: Celestron 5” (13 cm) f/10 SCT (C5, NexStar 5SE, Omni 127) with black Phillips factory collimation screws. These screws have metric threads. Will not fit scopes with silver factory collimation screws (see Item A above). Knobs: Black oxide steel (black) or stainless steel (silver), 12 mm (1/2”) diameter Threads: Black oxide or stainless steel.
- These knobs will fit only 2006 and later C5 models that have black Phillips factory collimation screws. All C5 models made prior to 2006 and all post-2006 models with black Allen or silver factory collimation screws require C5 standard knobs (Item A above). Check that our screw threads match the factory screw threads before installing.
- Black oxide steel (shown in photo) is for dry environments. Lightly oil the knobs periodically as an anti-corrosion measure. Stainless steel provides better corrosion protection in coastal or high humidity areas, or in places where dew or other condensation is common.
- The factory dust cover will fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed.
- Some telescope versions have a small plastic cover over the factory collimation screws. This cover must be removed and set aside when Bob's Knobs are installed. The cover is cosmetic only and will not affect operation of the scope.