Bob's Knobs for C14 f/11 Secondary with Factory Phillips Collimation Screws with Standard Threads
Collimate your Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope without special tools when you use Bob's Knobs! It's easy: Just grab a Bob's Knob Collimation Thumbscrew and turn it. You can even do it while looking through the eyepiece on many scopes. You'll never drop that pesky little Allen wrench or screwdriver into the grass again. Installation is a snap with the included instructions, and you can undo the modification at any time if you wish. The factory dust cover will fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed on your secondary.
- Installation is a snap with the included instructions
- Modification can be undone at any time
- Knobs are crafted from black plastic, black oxide steel (black) and/or stainless steel (silver)
- No tools required to perform a collimation!
These Bob's Knobs C14stdphi collimation screws will fit the Celestron 14” (36 cm) f/11 SCT versions with factory Phillips collimation screws with standard threads, with or without Fastar.
Knobs: Black plastic, 16 mm (5/8”) diameter
Threads: Black anodized aluminum alloy
- These telescopes can have factory collimation screws with either standard or metric threads. Silver Phillips collimation screws are standard thread. Black Phillips collimation screws usually have metric threads, but some have standard threads. Telescopes manufactured prior to about 2008 have collimation screws with standard threads, and later scopes have collimation screws with metric threads. If you discover your knobs have the wrong threads, you may return your knobs for exchange at no additional cost. Alternatively, you can order knobs with both standard and metric thread screws and return the unused set for a full refund.
- The factory dust cover will fit normally with Bob's Knobs installed.
- The rotary secondary cover must remain open when knobs are installed. The cover is cosmetic only and will not affect operation of the telescope.
- Knobs cannot protrude above the Trifid-style decorative attachment or they will interfere with the factory dust cover. For better knob access, you can peel off the vinyl escutcheon and remove this attachment, or simply access the knobs partly from the side.