About the Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 100ED Refractor Telescope OTA...
Fortunate indeed is the amateur astronomer with a SkyWatcher Black Diamond 100 ED Refractor Telescope on a clear night with transparent skies and a stable atmosphere. Turning the Black Diamond 100ED to the Crescent Moon, the Apennine Mountains snap into razor-sharp focus revealing a cornucopia of jagged mountain ridges, canyons, and numerous small craters in ultra high definition. Not far removed, reaching skyward, the crater wall of Archimedes pops into view in bold relief against the smooth flatlands that transverse the distance between it and the Apennine Mountains. This is lunar observing at its best - HD style.
The gas giant Jupiter displays its swirling equatorial bands in high-definition with festoons, and tonality within the bands. The great spot is clearly visible, discreetly contrasted from the surrounding Jovian landscape. Prominent deep-space nebula yield improved definition in gaseous outer extensions. Stars in globular clusters resolve to pinpoints. This is just the beginning of an incredible journey of exploration possible with a SkyWatcher Black Diamond 100 ED Refractor Telescope.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings - Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%. The proprietary Sky-Watcher "Metallic High-Transmission Coatings" (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems - The objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The telescope tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser is Standard - Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser-assembly. This focuser offers fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
Tube Materials - The optical tube material is rolled steel, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white, or black.
Telescope Tube Attachment Hardware - The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any compatible mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond 100 ED are cast aluminum, painted white.
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 100ED Refractor Telescope OTA Features...
- Supplied with 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser
- Objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light
- Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%
- Tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane
- Quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond 100 ED are cast aluminum
- Well suited for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies
- Includes LET 2"-28mm eyepiece, 8x50 finderscope, 2" dielectric diagonal, dual-speed crayford focuser, tube rings, dovetail, aluminum case
- Excellent compact, portable telescope that travels light and fits in a small space
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 100ED Refractor Telescope OTA Specifications...
Optical Design: ED Apochromatic Refractor
Focal Length: 900mm
Highest Practical Power: 200x
Finder Scope: 8X50
Focuser Diameter: 2" dual speed, crayford
Diagonal: 2" 90 deg. Dielectric Diagonal with 1.25 inch adapter
Eyepiece: LET 2"-28
Tube Weight: 3kg
Tube Dimensions: 10 cm x 92cm
Shipping Weight: 15 kg
Shipping Dimensions: 102x33x23 cm3SkyWatcher Product Number: 12060.3