About the Baader 8-24mm Hyperion Clickstop Zoom Mark III Eyepiece - 1.25"/2"...
The Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Clickstop Zoom continues the Hyperion tradition of delivering top-of-class performance and quality at very reasonable prices. Zoom eyepieces have earned a lackluster reputation over the years, due to their compromises in optical design and execution. We think the Baader Hyperion zoom will surprise many jaded zoom users with its combination of performance, quality, and novel features. The Baader Hyperion Zoom eyepiece now includes both 1.25" and 2" barrels! The 2" barrel attaches through an included adapter ring that has standard 2"x24tpi SCT threads.
The Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Clickstop Zoom Mark III Eyepiece continues the Hyperion tradition of delivering top-of-class performance and quality, at very reasonable prices. Zoom eyepieces have earned a lackluster reputation over the years, due to their compromises in optical design and execution. We think the Hyperion zoom will surprise many jaded zoom users with its combination of performance, quality, and novel features.
Owners of Celestron/Synta and Zeiss spotting scopes will appreciate the direct-attachment made possible by the Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Clickstop Zoom'''s innovative removable front barrel, which exposes spotting scope attachment threads. Like the fixed focal length Hyperions, the Hyperion Zoom Mark III eyelens barrel has been provided with an M54 thread (covered by the removable rubber eyecups). A complete system of adapter rings enables cameras to be directly (and rigidly) close-coupled for afocal projection, or variably extended for classical eyepiece projection imaging with our T-Adapter and Extension Tubes. A series of 16 threaded rings provides compatibility with just about every digital (CCD/DSLR) and videocamera made!
Features of the Mark III Version...
--Optical quality further enhanced by optimizing the curve geometry of inner lenses
--Internal zoom actuators and lens group centering made more rigid while allowing less play
--Thermal response of mechanical system further improved with thermally matched metal components to allow use under even harsher environmental conditions
--Greaseless movement of internal zoom lens group
--Clickstop mechanics improved with greater smoothness and almost noiseless operation
--Focal zoom positions optimized and refocusing requirements minimized
--Dust protection enhanced throughout and front (telescope side) lens-group actuator sealed
--Eyelens-group made watertight to seal eyepiece from rain during terrestrial operation
--Large eyerest rubber cover redone to make the eyerest scratchproof for eyeglasses
--Eyerest height adjustment made greaseless with step-curved click rest - as found on high quality binoculars
--Now Optimized for Binoviewer use. The adjustable height eyerest assembly is now fully detachable for creating "nose space" when using two Zooms in a binoviewer. A pair of Zooms now provides the ultimate eyepiece set for binoviewing.
--M43 threading accepts popular astigmatism correctors
--Small Hyperion rubber eyecup added to fit M43 thread
--Camera adapter thread changed from SP 54 to M43(SONY) for a variety of afocal camera adaptations
--Accepts photo-adapter HTA43T2 (M42x0.75) for easy and rigid adaptation of various DSLR-T-Mount rings
Baader 8-24mm Hyperion Clickstop Zoom Mark III Eyepiece - 1.25"/2" Features...
- Consisting of 7 elements, the Hyperion optical design delivers outstanding sharpness and color correction over its field.
- Continuously variable focal length, with click-stops at 8, 12, 16, 20, 24mm. Remains parfocal across zoom range. Click-stops enable precise focal length matching for bino-viewer use (please note: barrel diameter of the zoom is 57mm, so it may not work in binoviewers for users with narrow interocular separations).
- Wide field. The field of view is 68 degrees at the 8mm setting, and 50 degrees at 24mm.
- Excellent viewing comfort. The eye relief of 12-15mm, large eye lens, and freedom from kidney beaning and blackouts result in a high level of comfort and ease-of-viewing, at all focal lengths.
- As with the fixed focal length Hyperions, Baader Planetarium has gone to great lengths to give the Hyperion Zoom the most advanced multicoatings ever used on amateur telescope eyepieces. The Hyperion Phantom Group multi-coatings truly rival the best in the world - including the famous Zeiss Abbe Orthoscopic! The difference in contrast and transmission is clearly visible at the eyepiece.
- Superb fit and finish. Zoom motion is smooth and precise. Barrels are accurately machined on the Hyperion zoom, with excellent surface quality, and hard anodizing. The 1.25" barrel is threaded for standard 1.25" filters and the 2" barel is threaded for 2" filters.
- Adjustable rubber eyecup works for both normal and eyeglass users. Rotating eyecup incorporates a variable-height helical adjustment for setting the optimal spacing.
- Designed to integrate perfectly with many popular spotting scopes.
8-24mm Hyperion Clickstop Zoom Mark III Eyepiece - 1.25"/2" Specifications...
Optical Design: Hyperion Modular
Barrel Size: 1.25"/2"
Warranty: 2 Year Warranty
Eyepiece Field of View - Apparent:50 degrees - 68 degrees
Eyepiece Focal Length: 8mm - 24mm
Eyepiece Eye Relief: 12mm - 15mm
Eyepiece Manufacturer Series: Baader Hyperion
Number of Lens Elements & Groups: 7 elements
Special Feature Zoom - Variable Focal LengthsBaader Planetarium Product Number: HYP-ZOOM