TeleVue 2x Powermate - 2” with 1.25” adaptor.
This is an open box item used for Display /demo .purposes only
Includes: 2” to 1.25” adaptor, original dust caps top and bottom
Note: some very minor scratches (2) on chrome barrel hardly noticeable
Optics are in excellent condition.
TeleVue 2x Powermate - 2" Features...
- Vignetting, edge field aberrations and pupil movement - all introduced when using Barlows with long focal length eyepieces, are minimized.
- Telecentric operation (field rays leave parallel to optical axis, unlike Barlow lenses which diverge rays). This is ideal for Hydrogen-alpha filter use such as with Daystar models.
- High performance for image amplification, CCD or film.
- Flexible for visual and imaging with all types of telescopes and eyepieces. Essentially Parfocal, and with nearly constant magnification regardless of image distance behind top surface (except 5x model which increases 1x for every 35mm of image distance increase).
- Higher magnifications are possible with high optical performance compared to "doubling up" Barlows.
- All will reach parfocal point in star diagonals, except for the 2", 2x which comes very close.
- In addition to full multi-coating, Powermates include other Tele Vue special touches such as safety undercuts where practical on the chrome barrel and captive lock screws that can'''t fall out, and filter threads.
TeleVue 2x Powermate -
Equipment Type: 2X Powermate
Barrel Size: 2"