Goto telescope, then look no further! This package
- 15mm Kellner Eyepiece 1.25"
- 6mm Plossl eyepiece 1.25"
- 2x Barlow Lens with T-thread 1.25"
- Red Filter for Mars 1.25"
- Blue filter for Saturn, Jupiter 1.25"
- Moon Filter for lunar observations 1.25"
- Dew prevention shield
- Miller planisphere
- 25mm Plossl eyepiece 1.25"
- Red dot Finderscope
- 1.25" Star diagonal
- Accessory case
- Operating manual
The largest of the Celestron Telescope NexStar SE family with 78% more light gathering than a 6" model, the Celestron NexStar 8 SE GoTo Telescope will enable you to see deep into the Universe. The distinctive patented fork arm with ergonomically designed integrated hand control cradle gives solid support to the classic 8" Celestron Telescope optics. The NexStar 8 SE features Schmidt-Cassegrain 8" aperture optics with premium StarBright XLT coatings, powerful 2,032mm focal length and an f/10 focal ratio.
The Celestron NexStar 8 SE has all the same features as Celestron's most advanced computerized GoTo Celestron Telescopes, including our revolutionary SkyAlign alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of over 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control. Plug the optional Celestron SkySync GPS Accessory into NexStar's Auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 8 SE isn't one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the Celestron NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube Celestron Telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior StarBright XLT coatings, revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software and much more.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable Celestron Telescope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a Celestron 8" NexStar SE Computer Telescope will help you take a closer look. Use with a Celestron CCD Camera and enjoy sharing the view of both planets and deep sky objects!
Celestron NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope Features...
- 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Celestron''s unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control design provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the optical tube
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Sturdy computerized Altazimuth mount
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Operation Manual
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
Celestron NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 203.2 mm (8 in)
Focal Length (mm): 2032 mm (80 in)
Focal Ratio: f/10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1: 81 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25"
Mount: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Tripod: Steel (sku 93593)
Power Supply: 8-AA batteries (not included)
Highest Useful Magnification: 480 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 29 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 843 x
Angular Field of View (deg): 0.63
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 33 ft (10 m)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.5 in (64 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 31 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 9.77 %
Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT
Optical Tube Length: 17 in (432 mm)
Telescope Weight: 24 lbs (11 kg)
Tripod Weight: 9 lbs (4.08 kg)
Payload Capacity: 12 lbs (5.44 kg)
Motor Drive: Integrated D.C. Electronics
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 5/sec, 3/sec, 1/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations
Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Autoguider port, Aux port
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Dovetail Compatibility: Quick Release Tube Clamp
Warranty: 6 months Optics, 90 Days electrical.