Celestron Computerized Nexstar 8” Telescope with Tripod (2000mm F10)
Grab a great deal before it’s Gone!
Get a Computerized Celestron Nexstar 8 Telescope loaded with accessories.
Start Observing tonight!
Simplicity in its use:
The NexStar operating system is sophisticated in its engineering and programming, this is in order to make the resulting observing experience nearly "idiot proof" - simple and fun to use. Set up is quick thereby inspiring you to take the telescope out more often, while leaving you time to enjoy yourself and your observing. The complete telescope optical tube assembly with the single tine fork mount (a first for the 8 inch SCT) and the standard telescope weighs just about 21.5 lbs. (9.8 kg), the furnished lightweight aluminum field tripod adds another 10 lbs (4.6 kg). This remains a good telescope for anyone who can push a button: the youngster, or elderly astronomer on the go who can not manage the more substantial or complicated telescopes.
The electronics control system includes a totally cordless, smooth moving and nearly silent drive system. User input and 16 bit computer feedback are provided through the NexStar Keypad Controller. The controller incorporates a dual line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) display which is back lit for easy use in the dark.
The NexStar 8 operating system provisions include:
- database storing the location of 18,473 objects: includes entries from the Messier, NGC and Caldwell catalogs as well as planets, and selected SAO objects.
- storage memory for 25 user programmable objects: up to 5 terrestrial, and up to 20 astronomical.
- storage memory for 10 user programmable observing sites (input at site, or by entering longitude and latitude in advance).
- Tour Function: selects the best and most spectacular objects available for you to observe.
- four astronomical tracking rates: King, Sidereal, Lunar and Solar.
- nine slew or correction speeds: 6.5 degrees per second, 3 Deg./Sec., 1.5 Deg./Sec., 128X Sidereal, 64X, 16X, 8X, 2X, 1X.
What’s not to like about a lightweight, portable 8” SCT Celestron Schmidt -Cassegrain Telescope.
*Optical tube and drive base quickly detach from tripod for easy transport.
Here are the INCLUDED accessories with this package.
*Celestron 25mm SMA wide Angle eyepiece 1.25”
*Celestron Visual back holder 1.25”
*Celestron 1.25” Star Diagonal
*Red dot finderscope
*Celestron adjustable tripod with accessory tray.
PLUS: These extras!
*Celestron 2x Barlow Lens 1.25”- Fully multicoated -$55 value!
*Orange 21 Filter- Ideal for Jupiter and Saturn! -$20 value
*Yellow 12 Filter- Ideal for Venus, Mars, Saturn -$20 Value
*Moon Filter 1.25” -See rills and crater detail close up. $20 Value
*12 volt adaptor for telescope operation. $29 value
Warranty: 14 days.
Optics and electronics are checked by our technician.
Curbside pick up is preferrred from our Retail Store in Toronto.
Shipping: Packing fee of $75 in addition to freight charges to your location.