About the TeleVue 24mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 1.25"...
This Sky & Telescope "Hot Product" is designed to produce the largest true field possible in a 1.25" TeleVue Telescope Eyepiece. (Its 27mm field stop is the same as the 32mm Tele Vue Plossl). The higher power darkens the sky background while the greater magnification yields more details on extended objects. Further, its light weight (1/2 lb.), comfortable 15mm eye relief, and tapered top instantly make the TeleVue 24mm Panoptic Eyepiece the ideal TeleVue Telescope Eyepiece for getting the maximum field for binocular viewers.
"Using my Wide-Field design as a starting point, I looked to bring Nagler-like performance to the 60+ degree field class with the TeleVue Telescope Eyepiece Panoptic series. The idea of a lens to "interface" between the eyepiece and Barlow struck me as the proper way to keep size, weight and cost to a minimum while improving edge of field performance even further. I later developed this idea into the Powermates." --Al Nagler
TeleVue 24mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 1.25" Features...
- Adjustable and removable screw-type top allows quick, comfortable eye positioning
- Features multi-coatings, blackened lens edges, filter threads, rubber grip rings
- Perfect for any telescope size, type or speed
- Scalloped shape gives a positive grip
- Standard features include eyeguard cover and undercut barrel for extra locking security in the focuser
TeleVue 24mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 1.25" Specifications...
Focal Length (mm): 24
Barrel Size (in.): 1.25"
Apparent Field of View (deg.): 68
Eye Relief (mm): 15
Weight (lb / oz): 0.51 / 8.2
Field Stop (mm): 27TeleVue Product Number: EPO-24.0