Celestron 11" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt
Astrograph V2 OTA
- This Celestron 11" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph V2 OTA includes what you need for doing great astro-imaging
- Fast, wide-field 11” f/2.2 optical design with rare-earth glass for images free of false color, coma, and field curvature
- Large 43.3 mm optimized image circle maintains pinpoint stars to the far corners of even the largest astroimaging sensors, while the usable field will extend even further to 52 mm for larger format sensors, with very little degradation
- A New Ultra-Stable Focus System (USFS) minimizes any focus shift and mirror flop
- Integrated air-cooling system features a quiet, high-output 12V MagLev fan and vents with mesh filters to prevent dust ingress
- Common camera adapters (T-thread and M48) included for easy attachment to popular CCD and DSLR cameras
- This is a breakthrough 11 inch aperture, f/2.2 Optical Tube Assembly (OTA) system designed for professional applications that require both a wide field of view and high resolution
- A 4-element lens group utilizes extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for images free of false color, coma, and field curvature
- Celestron's Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) 11" V2 is the perfect choice for advanced astroimaging tasks and also ideal for use in space surveillance and other scientific applications
- A 43.3 mm optimized image circle maintains pinpoint stars to the far corners of the largest available sensors
- Extended spectral range takes advantage of sensor response in the 700-900 nm range, allowing brighter overall images
Some Information About the RASA Technology:
- Celestron’s proprietary XLT coatings, which are high-transmission multi-coatings for lenses and high reflectivity aluminum coatings, ensure good light throughput for the optical system.
- An integrated cooling fan helps optics cool down to ambient temperature and pulls air through vents with micromesh to prevent dust ingress.
- Dual dovetail bars offer flexibility to mount the optical tube and conveniently attach additional accessories via “CGE/Losmandy” style dovetails.
- Two sets of 2x threaded insert holes in the rear cell provide additional mounting options.
- Move and mount your optical tube with ease using the carrying handle provided on the rear cell.
- Although not normally needed, there are 3x sets of push-pull screws to adjust the lens group to achieve ideal optical alignment for the entire system.
- Includes an M48 and a T-thread camera adapter.
Capturing impressive deep-sky astroimages is easier than ever with Celestron’s Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) V2, the perfect companion to today’s top DSLR or astronomical CCD cameras. This fast, wide-field f/2.2 system allows for shorter exposure times compared to traditional f/10 astroimaging, without sacrificing resolution. Because shorter sub-exposure times are possible, your equatorial mount won’t need to accurately track over extended periods. The short focal length of this Celestron 11" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph V2 also reduces the equatorial tracking demands on your mount. In many cases, autoguiding may not be required (depending upon your tasks).
RASA 11 V2 utilizes the new Ultra-Stable Focus System (USFS). At the heart of this system is a precision linear ball bearing. The bearing serves to minimize focus shift (unwanted lateral motion of the primary mirror during focusing which causes shifting of the image) and mirror flop (movement of the primary mirror when the telescope is pointing to different positions in the sky). The USFS is also compatible with the optional Celestron Focus Motor (#94155-A). The integrated 12V DC MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal airflow through the dust filtered optical tube.
Engineered as a complete astroimaging system, every component of the Celestron 11" RASA 11 V2 Schmidt Astrograph is optimized for peak performance with DSLR and astronomical CCD cameras. Down to the thickness of the glass used in the included fully-multicoated optical window or optional imaging filter, every component of the system has been given careful engineeing thought, to work together seamlessly. The Dovetail CGE bars on the top of the optical tube provides a good way to mount optional accessories like a guidescope.
What's In The Box:
- 11" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph V2 OTA
- Dual dovetail mounting bars
- 42 mm (1.65") T-thread camera adapter
- 48 mm (1.89") camera adapter
- Dust cover
- Fan battery pack
- Celestron 2-Year Warranty
||Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph
||279 mm (11")
||620 mm (24.4")
|Central obstruction diameter
||114 mm (4.48") (41% of aperture diameter)
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)
||43.3 mm (1.7") Ø , 4.0°
||52 mm (2.04") Ø , 4.8° only minimal performance loss at edge of FOV
||400 - 700 nm
||< 4.4 μm RMS across FOV
||83% at 21 mm (.82") off-axis
||68 mm (2.67") Ø
|Back focus with included camera adapter
||55 mm (2.16")
|Back focus from top of threaded collar
||72.8 mm (2.86")
|Optical Tube Length
||838.2 mm (33")
|Optical Tube Diameter
||330.2 mm (13")
||Ultra-Stable Focus System
|Optical Tube Weight
||43 lb (19.5 kg)
||Ventilation fan, dual dovetail mounting bars
||42 mm (1.65") T-thread camera adapter | 48 mm (1.89") camera adapter | Dust cover | Fan battery pack
||CGE Dovetail Bar