Meade TerraStar 90 Altazimuth Refractor
Far superior to competitor brands. This model has fine adjustment controls for easy tracking . Other brands have a single arm handle control , with no fine adjustment control.
One of our best non-computerized entry level refracting type telescope is a great choice for the beginning astronomer or home with a view. Includes simple to operate point and look alt-azimuth mount with fine adjustment controls . Lens diameter is 90mm (approximately 3.5 inches) with a focal length of 900mm, f/10.
This attractive and solidly constructed entry-level telescope will let you see a great amount of detail on the Moon, view the main division in the rings of Saturn, the separation of the cloud belts of Jupiter as well as its primary moons.
Thats just what you can see in the city!
observe countless star clusters, double stars, nebulae and more. A great scope for a home with a view with the simple to use point and look type mount.
Features a 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser, sturdy metal altazimuth mount with worm gear driven dual slow motion controls, two 1.25" MA eyepieces (9mm, 25mm), easy to use red dot viewfinder, diagonal mirror, and height adjustable full size steel tripod and accessory tray
The Terrastar is an easy-to-use, portable telescope, for the on-the-go astronomer. If you’re just starting in Astronomy and want to take awesome images of the Moon (and more) with your phone to share with your friends and family on Social Media, Terrastar 90 will not disappoint.
Here is what you get:
- Two Meade 1.25" eyepieces; MA9mm and MA25mm supply crisp light gathering versatility
- Both axes have slow motion controls making finding and staying on the selected object simple and precise. A great feature excluded on many other similar models.
- A red dot projection viewfinder affords fast and intuitive first finding of chosen celestial and terrestrial targets
- Heavy-duty, height adjustable, full size, aluminum tripod with accessory tray supplies a stable, solid and steady viewing experience
- 1 year Manufacturers warranty
|)ptical Design||Achromatic refractor|
|Optical Lens Diameter||3.5" (90mm)|
|Maximum Useful Magnification||130x|
|Optical Tube Dimensions||3.5 x 34.0" (76 x 865mm)|
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter||1.25"|