Sky-Watcher 10" Flextube Synscan Dobsonian Telescope with WiFi Control
Additional shipping surcharges will apply on top of standard shipping costs
The exciting Sky-Watcher Flextube SynScan WiFi series of Dobsonian Telescopes are precision-engineered instruments that will allow you to easily find and enjoy viewing night sky treasures, such as planets in our solar system, nebulae, star clusters, galaxies and much more with your smartphone or tablet and the free SynScan app. With its patented collapsible tube design and SynScan computerized GoTo system, these Flextube Dobs are truly the ultimate in portability and performance.
The elegant truss tube design was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable telescope package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the Sky-Watcher 10" Flextube Dobsonian Synscan WiFi Telescope does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! This Dobsonian is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening! The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards.
The SynScan app and your smartphone allows you to explore the night sky at the touch of a button, with automatic slewing to thousands of celestial objects. The Sky-Watcher Flextube SynScan Wi-Fi series combines the affordability of a traditional Dobsonian with the convenience of a computerized GoTo telescope.
Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The patented dual encoder design allows the scope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment!
Sky-Watcher 250Pi Dobsonian Synscan WiFi Telescope Features...
- Use your smartphone or tablet and the Skywatcher SynScan app to explore the night sky at the touch of a button. Choose where you want to go and the wifi enabled telescope will automatically slew to your chosen location.
- A great combination of aperture and portability, the 10" optics will show you hundreds of objects inside and outside our solar system
- Freedom Find Dual Encoder Technology! Patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment
- Transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds
- Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards
- Binoviewer Settings! Preset detents makes adjusting for binoviewing a snap. No more additional optics or crazy spacers; just drop, pop and view! Binoviewer and eyepiece sets sold separately.
- Carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package
Sky-Watcher 10" SynScan Dobsonian Specifications
- Optical Design: Newtonian
- Mirror Coatings: 94% Radiant Aluminum Quartz
- Glass Type: Borosilicate
- Primary Aperture: 257mm
- Focal Ratio: f/4.7
- Focal Length: 1200mm
- Secondary Mirror Diameter: 64mm
- Secondary Obstruction by Diameter: 25%
- Secondary Obstruction by Area: 6%
- Dawes Limit: 0.46
- Rayleigh Limit: 0.55
- Limiting Magnitude: 14.5
- Minimum Magnification: 36
- Maximum Magnification: 500
- Focuser: 2" Crayford-Style
- OTA Length (retracted/extended): 31.5"/44"
- OTA Outer Diameter: 11.375"
- OTA Weight with Accessories: 33 lb.
- Dob Base Weight: 39 lb.
- Dob Base Dimensions: 30" x 20"
- Eyepiece Height at Zenith: 49"
- Finder: 9x50
- Eyepieces: 10mm & 25mm Plossl 1.25"
- Magnification with Eyepieces: 120X and 48X
Please Note: The only difference between this telescope model and the S11810, which is also an 10" SynScan Dobsonian is the way in which you control the telescope. This model (S11815) does NOT come with a hand controller (and is therefore less expensive). Instead, you use your own smartphone or tablet loaded with the SynScan app (Apple and Android, free) to align your telescope and guide it across the night sky to a huge choice of celestial objects. If you like, you can always add a hand controller later on, but we think you will like the graphics and interactive features that the app provides.