SharpStar 61EDPHII ED Triplet APO Refractor
with Matching 61EDPH Full-Frame 0.8X Reducer
Ready to start imaging right away? This special package includes the beautiful and amazingly sharp 61 mm EDPHII refractor and it’s dedicated full-frame 0.8X focal reducer!
- 61 mm f/5.5 Triplet air-spaced optical design
- Includes special ED lens
- f/4.5 full-frame reducer lens is included in this special package
- The appearance is stylish and streamlined; newest updated design
- 2.5-inch dual-speed rack and pinion focuser, 10:1 fine focus
- Universal (Vixen-style) dovetail bar
- One-piece Tube Rings
- New attractive and practical handle
This SharpStar 61EDPHII ED APO 61 mm Apochromatic Refractor Telescope will amaze any user with its special Triplet design. The optical design makes SharpStar 61EDPHII an excellent imaging and observing telescope with high-level optical performance. The updated 61EDPHII f/5.5 Triplet offers an improved optical objective lens design over the previous model.
The SharpStar 61EDPH II accepts the 0.8X full-frame focal reducer to lower the focal ratio from f/5.5 to f/4.5. See more info about the included reducer below!
The 61EDPH II Triplet APO Refractor also includes a solid one-piece tube ring and a 10 cm Vixen-style dovetail plate with a screw-hole in the center that allows it to be mounted to a tripod for photography. The back end is equipped with a medium 2.5" rack and pinion precision 10:1 focuser for beautifully smooth and accurate focusing during both visual and imaging applications.
- Model: 61EDPHII
- Objective: 61 mm Aperture, f/5.5
- Focal Length: 335 mm
- Objective Type: Triplet Air-Spaced APO (ED)
- Form Factor: Triplet, Air-spaced Objective
- Resolution: 1.93 arcsecond
- Visual Limit Magnitude: 10.7
- Total Weight: 1.9 kg (Mechanical mounting parts)
- Net Weight: 1.5 kg
- Length (Dewshield Retracted): 235 mm
- Main Tube Outer Diameter: 80 mm
About the SharpStar 61EDPH 0.8X Focal Reducer
for Full Frame Cameras
- Full frame Focal Reducer
- Focal Ratio Result: f/4.5 for the 61EDPH
- Form Factor: Triplet Lens with full surface Multi-Coatings
- Image Circle Result: 44 mm
- Back Focus: The standard 55 mm Back Focus
- Tube Diameter: 65 mm
- Primary Mirror Connecting Ring Diameter: 75 mm
- Total Length: 95 mm, including M48 threads
- Total Weight: Only 0.45 kg
This SharpStar 61EDPH 0.8X Focal Reducer is ideal for use with the SharpStar model 61EDPH Refractor telescope for doing full-frame imaging with DSLR or other electronic cameras. The 0.8X focal reducer is made of high quality metal, with a beautiful design, and it's simple to use. The focal ratio is reduced from the original f/5.5 to f/4.5, and combined with your existing 61EDPH APO, produces sharp images and bright peripheral stars. It's an indispensable accessory for astro-imaging enthusiasts.
A triplet air-spaced design, including a 360° rotator and M48 thread. Fully considering the needs of pro users, the back focus including rotator is the standard 55 mm. The 61EDPH reducer is equipped with a 2.3" tube, one end of which adopts a M63×1 thread and connects to the pinion focuser of the primary mirror. The other end has an M48×0.75 thread, and the focal plane is 55mm from the end interface. If you need to expand the back focus, it can measure up to 99mm by removing the end interface and then using your own accessories to achieve the back focus you require.
If you are using the SharpStar 61EDPH APO Refractor telescope for visual observations and are now ready to embark upon astro-imaging work, this is an important accessory to add to your gear box.