This Meade LX85 computerized telescope includes an 8" f/4 Newtonian Astrograph and, of course, the mid-sized LX85 GoTo equatorial mount and tripod. The pairing of a fast 8" reflector OTA and the LX85 results in a compact wide field telescope that is perfect for taking high resolution images of the night sky with very short exposures, or simply locating and tracking your favorite deep-sky objects as they drift overhead throughout the night with the help of the AudioStar hand controller and the built-in integer gearing motor drive.
The 2” linear bearing Crayford focuser features a 10:1 reduction fine focus knob and comes with a 2" to 1.25" adapter. Both the focuser and the adapter are fitted with brass compression rings to keep your eyepieces and other accessories from scratches caused by the thumbscrews.
The LX85 mount features fully automated GoTo slewing to (and tracking of) over 30,000 objects in the night sky. This stable mount can impressively handle slight load imbalances with ease. With its built-in integer gearing motor drive, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using Meade’s Smart Drive feature for recording permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). Seamlessly image the best parts of the night sky without having to worry about performing a meridian flip. The Meade LX85 mount also includes an integrated autoguider port to readily connect to your autoguider camera, making your astro-imaging experience easy and straightforward.
With the included AudioStar hand controller you have easy access to over 30,000 objects that you can view with a simple press of a button! AudioStar Astronomer Inside technology features a built-in speaker that plays over four hours of educational content about the celestial objects you view!
The 8" Newtonian LX85 telescope package includes a 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 8x50 finderscope with crosshairs, 2” diameter eyepiece extension tube, hinged tube rings, Vixen-style dovetail rail, tripod accessory tray, 25’ DC power cable, two 9-pound counterweights, and AutoStar Suite software available as a download. Weighs 59.1 pounds fully assembled.
Meade 8" Newtonian LX85 Telescope Specifications
- Optical design: Reflector
- Optical diameter: 200mm
- Focal length: 800mm
- Focal ratio: f/4.0
- Optics type: Parabolic
- Glass material: BK-7
- Coatings: Enhanced aluminum
- Resolving power: 0.58arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 29x
- Highest useful magnification: 300x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 400x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 14.2
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Back Focus Distance: 83.2mm
- Tube material: Steel
- Length of optical tube: 27.5 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 16 lbs.
- Focuser: 2" dual-speed linear bearing Crayford
- Mount Type: Equatorial, Computerized
- Hand Control: AudioStar
- Software DVD: Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition
- Supports ASCOM: Yes, via AudioStar Controller
- Motors: Dual Axis Low-Cog 12V DC Servo
- Power: 12VDC, 5amp power supply (User Supplied)
- Dovetail: Vixen Style
- Weight Capacity: 33 pounds
- Mount Weight: 10.9 pounds
- Mount Dimensions: 4.8" x 12.4" x 13.2"
- Tripod Weight: 12.4 pounds
- Tripod Dimensions (Collapsed): 39.5" x 5.75" x 6.25"
- Tripod Material: Aluminum castings with 1.75" diameter steel legs
- Tripod Height: Minimum is 31.5" and maximum is 43.5"
- Counterweight: One, 9 pounds
- Assembled Mount Weight: 34.1 pounds
- Assembled Mount Dimensions: 47.2" x 47.2" x 5.8"
- Finder Lens diameter: 50mm
- Finder scope magnification: 8x
- Eyepieces: Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepiece: 31x
- Warranty: Two year