(Meade ETX 125 Observer Portable Computerized Telescope
A Khan Scope Centre Bestseller!
- When the Meade ETX 125 was first introduced years ago, it was an instant hit! People loved how portable yet powerful the Meade ETX 125 was, and the GoTo electronics, supported by the classic AutoStar controller, made finding and enjoying celestial objects a snap. Well, the Meade ETX 125 Observer is BACK, and its better than ever!
- The Meade ETX 125 Observer now includes the AudioStar® controller, complete with a 30,000 object library, a built-in speaker, and even audio content that can educate you about the objects you are observing! With the AudioStar, your Meade ETX 125 will find objects for you, and then keep them in your eyepiece so that you can look at them as long as you want, or share the views with a few friends or a crowd.
- This 5” (127mm) Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope will make exploring the night sky fun and easy. It is very portable and lightweight, and can be set up in your back yard, deck, or porch in just a few minutes. Or, put the Meade ETX 125 is your car and take it camping or to a dark sky site! The high quality, premium Mak-Cass optics in the ETX 125 provide high contrast, tack-sharp images of the Moon, planets, and deep-sky objects like galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters.
Here are some of the features and accessories included with your Meade ETX 125:
Red-Dot Finder: An easy-to-use finder that will aid you in pointing your telescope quickly and accurately
Two Eyepieces: A 9.7mm and a 26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl Eyepieces will give you lower and higher magnifications. Add more eyepieces (sold separately) as you grow in the hobby.
Built-In Flip Mirror: This nifty accessory allows you to switch between terrestrial and astronomical viewing with a flip. If you will be doing a lot of terrestrial viewing, you may want to consider purchasing the Meade 45-Degree Erect Image Diagonal to allow for correct image orientation.
Field Tripod: This sturdy tripod has steel legs, a spreader bar for added stability, and an adjustable EQ tilt plate. This tilt plate turns your “alt-azimuth” tripod into a simple equatorial mount, which is required when taking astrophotos.
Compass with Bubble Level: This small accessory is a combination compass and bubble level, and it helps make set-up fast and easy.
AudioStar Hand Controller: The AudioStar Computerized Controller, first and foremost, moves and rotates the telescope to locate over 30,000 objects at the push of a button. However, unlike most other telescope controllers on the market, the Meade AudioStar also provides you with an exceptional multi-media experience by delivering over 4 hours of audio on the best objects in the sky. You can also use Tonight’s Best Tour to automatically take you on a guided tour of the best planets, stars, nebulae, and other objects that will be visible from your location on that particular night.
Meade ETX 125 Observer Specifications
- Clear Aperture: 125mm
- Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Focal Length: 1905 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/15
- Viewfinder: Red Dot
- Eyepieces: 1.25” Super Plossl Eyepieces: 26mm and 9.7mm
- Internal Flip Mirror: Yes
- Dovetail: Vixen-Style
- Mount Type: Fork type; double-tine
- Hand Controller: AudioStar™
- Object Database: 30,000 objects
- Tripod: Full-Size Steel Tripod with Tilt Plate
- Time Chip: Yes
- Dimensions: 32" x 24" x 12"