This beautiful 86 mm f/6.5 ED APO Triplet Refractor by Founder Optics includes not one but two ED APO lenses for amazingly sharp and clear images! One of the lenses is made with FPL53 glass and the other is designed with FPL51 glass. A third lens is made of Lanthanum! The lenses are widely spaced, unlike many APO triplets on the market today, giving it a much sought-after designation of Super Triplet, or FST, for Fully Separated Triplet. The optics are fully multi coated for protection and to further enhance the views to a very low distortion level of just -0.016%. Founder Optics was not messing around! Each telescope comes with a Ronchi test (example shown in images above) so you can see for yourself the level of optical quality guaranteed on the Founder Optics FOT86 APO triplet refractor.
The FOT86 has a focal length of 560 mm and a f/ratio of 6.5. Included in this package is a dedicated field flattener that is compatible with both DSLR's and astronomy cameras. It has M42 threads and comes with an M48 adapter. The 360-degree rotatable 2.7" hybrid rack and pinion dual speed focuser offers 11:1 micro focus, a built-in focus lock knob and can handle up to 8kg.
The FOT86 comes with a thread-on objective lens cover, two heavy-duty machined tube rings, a carry handle with grooves for a red Dot Finder scope, a sturdy machined Vixen style dovetail bar for easy mount attachment, and a dovetail finder scope base. An included hard carry case with a custom die-cut foam insert ensures safe transport and convenient storage.
- Aperture: 86 mm
- Focal Length: 560 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6.5
- Optical Construction: Triplet
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
- Distortion: -0.016%
- Flattener: Dedicated, with M42 threads and included M48 adapter
- Tube Material: Aluminum
- External Diameter of Dew Shield: 110 mm
- Weight: 4.6kg with rings, dovetail & handle
- Focuser: 2" Rack & Pinion Hybrid Drive, Dual Speed 1:11 fine focus, patented
- Accessories: Tube Ring with Axis in Lock, Star Finder Shoe, Crank Handle, Field Flattener with M42 thread, M48 Adapter, Dovetail.