Check out the amazing optics on the Founder Optics 106 mm ED APO Triplet Refractor by Founder Optics! Each of the three lenses is made with special glass and fully multi-coated. One of the ED lenses is made with FPL53 glass, the other uses FPL51 glass, and, last but not least, the final lens is made with Lanthanum glass. This threesome results in stunningly sharp images full of contrast in true color.
The FOT106 has a focal length of 636 mm, and with a large 106 mm aperture, you will enjoy beautiful visual results as well as great deep-sky images should you decide to add a camera to this refractor's arsenal. Included in the custom foam-lined aluminum case is the scope itself with tube ring and easy-grip crank handle, a shoe ready to accept a finderscope, a Field Flattener with an M48 thread, and dovetail.
The tube itself is made of aluminum and the patented hybrid-style dual speed 2.7" rack and pinion focuser can carry a load of up to 8kg.
- Aperture: 106 mm
- Focal Length: 636 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6
- Optical Construction: Triplet, including two ED lenses (FPL53 & FPL52 glass) and one Lanthanum lens
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
- Distortion: -0.0085% without included flattener, and 0.5968% with flattener
- Tube Material: Aluminum
- Focuser: 2.7" Rack & Pinion Hybrid Drive, Dual Speed 1:10 fine focus, patented
- Accessories: Tube Ring with Axis in Lock, Star Finder Shoe, Crank Handle, Field Flattener with M48 thread, Dovetail.