About the Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Equatorial Mount and Starbook Ten Tablet Controller...
The Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Equatorial Mount has a 50 lb. loading capacity and is sturdy and rigid, enabling a steady platform for astrophotography. The stepping motors are nice and quiet, ensuring you of smooth slewing that won't wake up the neighborhood...and you'll love the quick response to commands these quality stepper motors provide. The Vixen Star Book Ten features an intuitive Star Chart Go-To System on a high definition LCD Screen. Features of the Ten include a night vision screen, hibernate mode, VPEC and PPEC, and an optional built-in autoguider.
High Loading Capacity: Both the RA and DEC Axes of the Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Equatorial Mount are made of sturdy steel with brass wheel gears. This enables the mount to carry loads of up to 50 lb. (including counterweights) for astrophotography.
Smooth RA and DEC Movement: The inside of the Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Equatorial Mount is very different from SX mounts of the past. Bearings have been added to the shafts of the RA and DEC axes and the screw gear shafts. The worm screw gears are inspected for strict concentricity and are lapped in the whole-circle for smooth movement.
The STAR BOOK TEN is the most advanced astronomical hand controller available and is recommended for anyone interested in exploring the night sky. The innovative STAR BOOK TEN hand controller offers astronomical navigation with a large full-color High Definition LCD screen! The color screen is a detailed star chart that acts as a navigational and GOTO guide for the mount.
The installation of the optionAdvance Unit in the STAR BOOK TEN controller enhances your auto-guiding capabilities with the Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Equatorial Mount. With this unit installed you can view an image from a CCD-based imaging camera, record to or play back from a SD/SDHC card and adjust the shutter exposure controls of a DSLR camera.
Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Equatorial Mount Features...
- 180 Tooth whole circle movement
- Carry loads of up to 50 lb. (including counterweights) for astrophotography.
- Made of sturdy steel with brass wheel gears
- Stepping motors ensure you of smooth, quiet slewing with quick response to commands
Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Mount Specifications...
- RA Slow Motion: Worm and Wheel Gears 180 Tooth whole circle movement
- DEC Slow Motion: Worm and Wheel Gears 180 Tooth whole circle movement
- RA Display: On screen STAR BOOK TEN , 0.1 minute increments
- DEC Display: On screen STAR BOOK TEN , 0.1 arc minute increments
- Polar Axis Scope: SX Polar Axis Scope (pre-installed)
- Altitude Adjustment: 0 to 70 deg, separated by 3 zones for fine adjustment w/ tangent screws (+- 15 deg)
- Go-To Controller: STAR BOOK TEN, 1200x max slewing speed
- Power Connecting Terminal: DC12V EIAJ RC5320A Class 4
- Dimensions: 36cmx 36cmx 12 cm
- Weight: 19.3 lb. (excluding counterweights)
- Counterweights: 4.2 and 8.15 lb.
- Included Tripod: HAL130
- Vixen Optics Product Number: 25061HAL130