Celestron Skyris 236C Color CMOS Camera Features:
- Celestron partnered with "The Imaging Source" to develop the Skyris line of planetary imagers
- This Celestron Skyris CMOS color camera incorporates the exciting Sony Exmor IMX236 imaging sensor.
- With a high speed 3.0 USB connector you get the fastest possible frame rate. 3.0 USB is backwards-compatible with a 2.0 USB connector
- The Skyris 236C has a frame rate of 120 frames per second
- A great planetary imager, and small 2.8 micro pixel size requires less focal length than sensors with larger pixels.
- Skyris will easily adapt to your telescope or lens with a 1.25" nosepiece or C-thread
- Included accessories consist of a 1.25" nosepiece, iCap software CD, 10' USB 3.0 cable
- Includes Celestron 2 Year Warranty
Skyris planetary imaging cameras are the result of a collaboration between two industry leaders: Celestron and The Imaging Source. The Imaging Source is highly regarded for their innovative line of CCD & CMOS cameras, and Celestron has been leading the charge in telescope design and innovation for years! Together the two make great products, and we are happy to have the Skyris line-up of imaging cameras, with their full two-year warranty, available for our customers!
Celestron Skyris cameras allow you to capture crisp, high resolution images of the moon, sun, and planets like never before. With industry-leading Sony Exview HAD or EXMOR CMOS technology, Skyris cameras give astroimagers an edge in the field! This is the first camera series that incorporates USB 3.0 high speed connections and Celestron's proprietary camera body design, which helps dissipate heat and minimize thermal noise.
Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor:
The Sony EXMOR IMX236 color CMOS sensor offers the perfect combination of speed, sensitivity and value. With a 1920 x 1200 image sensor made up of small, 2.8 micron square pixels, you’ll enjoy higher resolution images than if you were to use a similar sized sensor with larger pixels. And if you have a small to medium-sized telescope with a shorter focal lengths, you’ll achieve a bigger image scale without compromising sensitivity. The Exmor is a version of Sony’s high performance CMOS image sensor, with high speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation by using column-parallel A/D conversion. The Sony IMX236 has high sensitivity in the near infrared light region, and improved sensitivity in the visible light range.
Celestron Skyris Color Camera:
The Skyris 236C is a one-shot color camera that allows you to capture full color images instantly. With a color camera there is no need to spend time imaging the same target multiple times to capture different colors. You also won't need to invest in filters and a filter wheel therefore making the 236C an economical choice.
Celestron Skyris Software:
All Skyris cameras include Celestron iCap capture software and stacking software, for Windows systems only. This iCap software allows you to easily control the camera, snap your images or movie file, and export them. Next, you'll bring your images or movies into the stacking software, where you can automatically filter the best images and stack them to create your masterpiece.
Celestron Skyris 236C Color Camera Specifications:
- A/D Conversion: 12 bit
- Back Focus Distance: 19 mm with Nosepiece; 17.5 mm with a C-mount
- Exposure Range: 0.0001 sec to 10 sec
- Imaging Sensor: Sony ICX236 Color CMOS
- Sensor size: 5.44 mm x 3.42 mm
- Pixel size: 2.8 μ square
- Camera Resolution: 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Framing Rate: up to 120 frames per second
- Mounting: 1.25" barrel and C-thread
- Operating temperature: +40° C to -40° C
- Shutter: Rolling
- Sub-framing: Yes, selectable
- Software compatible: iCap, IC Capture, DirectShow, oaCapture
- Power: Powered by connection via USB cable
- USB Computer connection: High-speed 3.0, 10 foot cable length
- Weight: 3.6 oz (102 g)