About the Orion Resolux 7x50 Waterproof Astronomy Binoculars...
Orion gets requests all the time from serious amateur astronomers asking what Orion Astronomy Binoculars they would recommend for wide-field stargazing. Well, from now on their answer will be "Resolux"! They'''re our new favorite Orion Astronomy Binoculars (and equally superb for long-distance daytime viewing), combining high-resolution, flat-field optics with mechanical construction that meets the U.S. military spec for ruggedness and the strict JTII spec for collimation. The Orion Resolux Binoculars are fully waterproof, and nitrogen purged to prevent internal lens fogging. And all this for a very reasonable price.
With this Orion Resolux 7x50 Binocular, you'''ll enjoy performance that you simply won'''t find in other Orion Astronomy Binoculars. Your first scan of the Milky Way will prove it - pinpoint stars set in bold contrast against the dark background. Gorgeous! The extra-large BAK-4 prisms and advanced multi-coatings on all optical surfaces really drink in the light. The Orion Astronomy Binocular eyepieces focus individually, which yields a sturdier mechanical design than a center-focus mechanism. And with 23mm of eye relief, even eyeglass wearers will see the full field of view. Supple rubber eyecups fold down, if desired, for more comfortable use while wearing eyeglasses.
The Orion Resolux Binoculars all-metal housing is armored with thick rubber to ensure a secure, comfortable grip. Each Orion Astronomy Binocular comes with lens caps, heavy-duty tripod adapter, and neck strap. This Resolux 7x50 binocular comes with a padded soft carrying case.
Orion Resolux 7x50 Waterproof Astronomy Binoculars Features...
- These rugged 7x50 Orion Resolux astronomical binoculars have high-resolution, flat-field optics for sharp, detailed views of night sky wonders
- Fully waterproof and nitrogen purged binoculars prevent lens fogging, even in damp conditions
- Top-quality BAK-4 prisms and advanced multi-coatings on all optical surfaces yield maximum light throughput for optimal image brightness
- The moderate-power 7x50 Resolux with 7.5 degree field-of-view is great for hand-held scanning both during the day and at night
- Binoculars feature individual eyepiece focus for superior mechanical sturdiness and optical performance
Orion Resolux 7x50 Waterproof Astronomy Binoculars Specifications...
Design: Porro Prism
Best for viewing: Brighter deep sky
Optical diameter: 50mm
Field of view - angular: 7.5 degrees
Field of view - linear: 393.8 ft./1000 yd
Apparent field of view: 52.5 degrees
Eye relief: 23.0mm
Exit pupil: 7.1mm
Near focus: 16 ft.
Coatings: Fully multi-coated
Prism: BAK-4 Porro
Interpupillary distance range: 57mm - 74mm
Focus style: Individual eyepiece focus
Tripod adaptable: Yes
Diopter adjustment: Yes
Weight: 3.4 lbs.
Height: 7.3 in.
Warranty: Two yearOrion Product Number: 09543