About the TeleVue Panoramic Altazimuth Mount w/ Ash Tripod & SkyTour...
While the Tele-Pod represents the most travel friendly mount for smaller scopes, for more rigidity under heavier loads, TeleVue took the Tele-Pod head and adapted it to their fine wooden tripod to create the TeleVue Panoramic Altazimuth Mount w/ Ash Tripod. Since the Sky Tour encoder attachment points are within the head itself, the Panoramic mount is Sky Tour capable.
The TeleVue Panoramic Mount is crafted into a beautiful ash wood tripod with matte fittings. It places the scope from approximately 3 to 5 feet high. Metal ground spikes with rubber tips are provided. A central tray adds rigidity and a convenient platform for accessories.
The TeleVue Sky Tour object locator adds "brains" to your Tele Vue mount. With its exclusive Lorenzin 2000+ database and refinements such as dimmable red light display, backlit button names, 10-character speed-adjustable scrolling display, and advanced "identify" capability, Sky Tour brings the hand-held computer to a new feature/performance level - a Tele Vue level of convenience and ease of use. When Sky Tour is added to Tele Vue mounts, the total system is simple enough to encourage beginners, yet deep enough for experts to maintain a lifetime of observing enthusiasm
TeleVue Panoramic Altazimuth Mount w/ Ash Tripod & SkyTour Features...
- The most travel friendly mount for smaller scopes
- For more rigidity under heavier loads
- Weight capacity - 10 lbs.
- Beautiful ash wood tripod with matte fittings
- It places the scope from approximately 3 to 5 feet high
- Central tray adds rigidity and a convenient platform for accessories
- Metal ground spikes with rubber tips are provided
- More than just a star listing, Tom Lorenzin''s 2000+ database is a collection of interesting and observable double and triple stars, bright and dark nebulae, galaxies, star clusters and colored stars most suited to Tele Vue telescopes
- The 2000+ objects are organized into six catalogs: NGC (New General Catalog), M (Messier), IC (lndex Catalog), ST (Star), NS (Non-Standard), and PL (Planets). For quick reference, an additional FAV (Favorites) catalog is available to store 99 of your favorite objects
TeleVue Panoramic Altazimuth Mount w/ Ash Tripod & SkyTour Specifications...
Equipment Type: Altazimuth Mount
Controls: Pan Handle
Tripod: Solid Ash
Tripod Height: 3 to 5 feet
Feet: Spiked w/ rubber tips
Accessory Tray: Yes
Weight Capacity: 10 lbs.
Total Weight: 11.7 lbs.
Alt/Azimuth Setup: Requires 2 star alignment - no input for latitude, longitude, date or time required.
Encoder Resolution: 2160 step, 0.167-degree/step (10-arcminute/step) encoders
Sampling Rate: 0.5 millisecond
Maximum Slew Rate: 160 degree per second
Sidereal Clock Accuracy: 0.01%
Dimensions: 2.8 x 4.6 x 1.1 inches
Weight: 6 ounces including 9v battery
Power Requirements: 5.1 to 14 Volts DC Reverse polarity protectedTeleVue Product Number: APS-4014