About the Meade LX90-ACF 12" f/10 with Standard Field Tripod...
The patented Meade Telescope Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical design offers the coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter image fields greatly desired by discerning amateur astronomers, astrophotographers and professional observatories alike. This Meade Telescope system also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates the diffraction spikes found in classical Ritchey-Chretien designs. No competing Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope can make those claims.
The Meade 12" LX90-ACF has an 12" diameter f/10 ACF optical system (focal length 3048mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. This largest of the Meade Telescope LX90 models collects over twice as much light as an 8" telescope, effectively doubling the image brightness on faint deep sky targets. Electronics include the advanced Meade 497 AutoStar computer system with over 30,000 object library, multiple guided tours, High Precision Pointing capability, and Meade SmartDrive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction.
Precise and quick star alignment of the Meade LX90-ACF 12" is done near effortlessly with an incorporated 16 channel genuine Sony GPS receiver. The Meade Telescope AudioStar is flash-updatable via free downloads at Meade.com (optional cable required).
The Meade LX90-ACF 12" features the solid and stable LX90 aluminum double fork mount, with fast slew speed adjustable from 1 to 7 degrees per second. Fine slewing and photographic guiding speeds can be adjusted from .01x to 1x sidereal in one one-hundredth increments. The Meade Telescope mount and all electronics are internally powered by 8 (user supplied) C-cell batteries which will typically operate the telescope for a generous 60 hours (optional Meade Universal AC adapter also available). The mount also has mechanical locks in both axis allowing adjustment even without power.
The Meade LX90-ACF 12" comes fully equipped with a heavy duty height adjustable Meade Field Tripod, 1.25" diagonal prism, Series 4000 26mm 5-Element Plossl eyepiece, and Meade AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition Software for PC and an 8x50 optical viewfinder with quick release bracket. Don''t forget... Additional Meade Telescope Eyepieces are also available - along with an extensive array of Meade Telescope Accessories, too!
Meade LX90-ACF 12" f/10 with Standard Field Tripod Features...
- The LX90 can locate over 30,000 objects including itself. Turn it on and the built-in GPS receiver immediately determines your precise date, time, and location. In just minutes, your scope is ready to give you a tour of the most spectacular sights in the universe with GPS precision.
- GPS Receiver - LX90 can do more than track satellites. It talks to them as well. Turn it on and the built-in Sony GPS sensor immediately determines your precise date, time and location. AutoAlign then uses this info to align your scope for a tour of the most spectacular sights in the universe.
- Easy Align - LX90s are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. Easy Align picks two alignment stars for you and places them right in your viewfinder. Just center them to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
- Oversized Primary Mirror - Only Meade manufactures their primary mirrors in diameters larger than their listed aperture (e.g. the diameter of the 8" LX90''s primary mirror is actually 8.25").This additional 1/4" yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- 8 x 50 Viewfinder - Quickly and easily locate and center deep sky objects.
- Slew Speed - The LX90 slews (moves) from star to star at 7 degrees per second. That is more than twice as fast as the competition. This means that over the course of an evening, a Meade LX90 will show you two to three times more objects.
- Rigid cast aluminum fork mount - The Meade LX90''s Optical Tube Assembly is mounted on two sturdy fork arms giving you a rock solid platform for astrophotography.
- Smart Drive - Meade''s AutoStar provides Periodic Error Correction (in polar mode). Over the course of one or more training periods your LX90 will minimize guiding corrections during long exposure astrophotography.
- AudioStar Computer Controller - The AudioStar computer controller with speaker helps you quickly find and GoTo over 30,000 objects in the night sky. View planets, stars, galaxies, nebulae, comets and more-all at the push of a button. Don'''t know what you want to view this evening? Then go to the Tonight'''s Best tour in your AudioStar. It automatically selects the best objects in the sky for that particular time and location.
Meade LX90-ACF 12" f/10 with Standard Field Tripod Specifications...
Clear Aperture: 12" (305mm)
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain or Advanced Coma-Free
Focal Length: 3,048mm
Focal Ratio: f/10
Telescope Mounting: Rigid Cast-Aluminum Fork mount; double-tine
Optical Coatings: Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Resolving Power (Dawes Limit): 0.380 arcseconds
AutoStar Controller: AudioStar
Object Database: 30,000 objects
Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
Eyepiece: 26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl
Diagonal: 1.25" diagonal prism
Pointing Precision (High-Precision Mode): 3 arcminutes
Go-To Pointing Precision (Approx.): 5 arcminutes
Periodic Error Correction: Polar mode only
Slow Motion Controls: Electronic
Slew Speeds: RA and Dec:1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal and 1.5/sec., 3/sec., 6.5/sec.
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
Tripod: Standard field Tripod
Batteries (User-Supplied): 8 x C cells
Battery Life (Typical): 60 hrs.
Power: 12V DC, 5 amp power supply (optional)
GPS Receiver: Included
Smart Drive: Yes
Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
AutoStar Suite Planetarium Software: Included
Primary Mirror & Secondary Mirrors: Low expansion borrosilicate glass
Correcting Plate/Lens: Schott Water-white Glass
Optical Tube: Aluminum
OTA Dimensions: 14 in x 14 in x 26 in
Tripod Weight: 19 lbs.
Tripod Dimensions: 30" to 44" variable
Telescope weight (not including tripod): 60 lbs
Meade Product Number: 1210-90-03