About the Meade LX850 130mm f/7 Triplet APO Refractor Telescope...
Meade Telescope Series 6000 ED APO Triplets are among the finest available optically at any price. Combined with the fantastic qualities of the LX850 mount the Meade LX850 130mm f/7 Triplet APO Refractor Telescope package is an advanced astrophotographers dream brought to life. Features a 130mm diameter (5.1") fully multi-coated triplet objective lens made from the highest quality ED (extra-low dispersion) glass for outstanding contrast and sharpness as well as near zero detectable chromatic aberration or "color fringing". Features a super precise dual speed 3" Crayford focuser with 10:1 gear reduction for ultra fine focus control. Focal length is 910mm, f/7.
Building on the foundation of the technologically revolutionary LX800, Meade Telescope engineers have taken the next step in astrophotographic evolution and incorporated it into the Meade LX850 130mm f/7 Triplet APO Refractor Telescope. They have kept the same innovative concepts like Starlock full-time automatic guiding and high-precision pointing, f/8 ACF OTAs with internal Crayford-style two-speed focuser and a portable precision German equatorial mount, but reengineered it to deliver more performance with less user effort.
Here is a brief list of a few of the changes and new features Meade Telescope has made to create the new LX850:
--NEW polished bronze worms in both RA and DEC drives that deliver smooth motion with low periodic error
--NEW larger roller bearings in both RA and DEC axes to better handle large loads
--NEW roller bearings in the RA and DEC clutch assemblies to allow freer motion with the clutches loosened for easier balancing
--NEW one-piece 1 inch thick saddle plate with improved dove tail clamps, thicker OTA dovetail rail and radius blocks to reduce flexure between the OTA and mount
--NEW alterative Starlock mounting position on ACF OTAs for virtually no flexure between StarLock and the primary optics
--NEW StarLock software improvements to guide star selection, tracking/guiding accuracy, Ultra High Precision Pointing, and Drift Alignment
--NEW StarLock automatic guide rate calibration which analyzes the sky conditions and sets the best possible guide rates for both RA and DEC
What'''s more is that all of this Meade Telescope technology and engineering put into the Meade LX850 130mm f/7 Triplet APO Refractor Telescope delivers a portable astro-imaging system that can be set up, aligned and imaging in less than 30 minutes. Don'''t forget... Additional Meade Telescope Eyepieces are also available - along with an extensive array of Meade Telescope Accessories, too!
Meade LX850 130mm f/7 Triplet APO Refractor Telescope Features...
- 130mm 3-element, air-spaced apochromatic f/7 refractor with 3 inch Crayford-style 10:1 focuser. Beautifully machined and finished with case. Optional 3 inch field flattener available.
- StarLock full-time automatic integrated guider provides
computer-assisted drift alignment for refining polar alignment, finds and centers targets and then automatically locks onto a field star as faint as 11th magnitude for guiding. No separate computer, no guide star selection, no guide scope focus. Just setup your camera and image.
- German Equatorial Mount made from machined aluminum and stainless steel with large bearing surfaces and roller bearings in both axes for an extremely solid and stable platform.
- Internal cabling to prevent snags and tangles during your imaging sessions.
- Precision machined 5.8" main gears with 225 teeth in both R.A. and DEC. with .68" worms for very accurate movements and tracking.
- 1.75" diameter threaded stainless steel counterweight shaft with 18 lb. threaded stainless steel counterweights for easy and safe adjustments to telescope balance.
- Sophisticated built-in computer for the most accurate control of the StarLock and other telescope systems.
- AutoStar II hand control with over 144,000 object database to take you to almost any object imaginable at the push of the GoTo button. AutoStar II allows the user to setup and operate the LX800 in just the way you want.
- Ultra-stable adjustable height tripod. Three inch diameter legs fold up for easy transport.
- Accessories include 8x50 viewfinder, Series 5000 2" enhanced 99% reflective diagonal and a 25mm HD-60 premium eyepiece.
Meade LX850 130mm f/7 Triplet APO Refractor Telescope Specifications...
Clear Aperture: 130mm
Optical Design: Apochromatic Refractor
Focal Length: 910mm
Focal Ratio: f/7
Telescope Mounting: LX850
OTA Mounting: Vixen-style mounting plate
Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
Resolving Power (Dawes Limit): 0.89 arcseconds
AutoStar Controller: Autostar II
Object Database: 145,000 objects
Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
Eyepiece: HD-60 25mm, long eye relief, premium eyepiece
Diagonal: 2" diagonal prism
Optional Field Flattener: TBA
Focus System: Crayford-style 3 inch zero image-shift focuser with dual speed 10:1 control
Slow Motion Controls: Electronic
Control Panel: 12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 1 computer connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port
Total Instrument Capacity: 90.0 lbs. (40.80 kg)
Counterweights: Included. 1 x 22 lbs.
Power: 12v DC 5 amp, using supplied Meade Universal Power Supply
Lens Glass: FK61 extra-low dispersion glass
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Total Net OTA Weight: 25 lbs.
OTA Shipping Weight: 40 lbs.Meade Product Number: 0130-85-01