Get over $800 in FREE accessories when you buy the Meade 8” LX200-ACF Telescope from October 14 - December 31, 2016. You’ll receive an 8” Equatorial Wedge, an LPI-GM Monochrome Planetary Imager and Guider, and a CCD Color Filter Set to get you started in astro-imaging. You’ll also receive a Meade LXPS-7AH Battery Pack, which will come in handy whether you are doing visual or imaging work!
About the Meade LX200-ACF 8" f/10 with Standard Field Tripod...
This 8" LX200-ACF Meade Telescope has 8" diameter f/10 ACF optics (focal length 2000mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. Features the advanced LX200 AutoStar II computer system with 145,000 object library, multiple guided tours, High Precision Pointing capability with sub arc-minute pointing accuracy, and Meade SmartDrive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction.
Precise and quick star alignment is done near effortlessly with Meade Telescope'''s level north technology alignment system incorporating a 16 channel GPS receiver. The Autostar II is flash-updatable via free downloads at Meade.com (optional cable required). The drive base of the Meade LX200-ACF 8" has multiple input and output ports including an RS-232 PC interface and jacks for a (user supplied) CCD Autoguider and illuminated reticle.
Mechanically loaded as well, the Meade LX200-ACF 8" features a primary mirror locking mechanism, which effectively prevents movement of the primary mirror during long exposure astrophotography or observing. Turn the lock knob located just above the Meade Telescope main focus knob and the progressive-tension primary lock completely cancels any residual image shift due to mirror movement during visual, photographic, or imaging applications.
The Meade LX200-ACF 8" features the DC-servo driven super heavy duty double fork mount, the strongest and most rigid mount in its class. Fast slew speeds are from 1 to 8 degrees per second, and can be user selected at .1 degree per second increments, while fine slewing and photographic guiding speeds can be adjusted from .01x to 1x sidereal in one one-hundredth increments. The Meade Telescope mount and all electronics are internally powered by 8 (user supplied) C-cell batteries which will typically operate the telescope for around 20 hours (optional Meade Universal AC adapter also available). The mount additionally has mechanical locks and slow motion manual controls in both axis if for some reason you found yourself without power.
The Meade LX200-ACF 8" comes fully equipped with a heavy duty height adjustable Meade Field Tripod, 1.25" diagonal prism, Series 4000 26mm Plossl eyepiece, 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket and Meade AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition Software for PC. Don'''t forget... Additional Meade Telescope Eyepieces are also available - along with an extensive array of Meade Telescope Accessories, too!
Meade LX200-ACF 8" f/10 with Standard Field Tripod Features...
- f/10 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) Optics - Building from a classic RC design, Meade has created a new design with the same coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffractions spikes found in classical RCs. The LX200-ACF is the perfect platform for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in apertures of 8 inches, 10 inches, 12 inches, 14 inches, and 16 inches.
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) - Increasing total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade''s standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser - Optional for the 8", 10", 12",14" and standard with the 16" models, allows you to obtain precise image focus with no image movement. Perfect for astroimaging or during planetary observation. Focus is controlled thru the Autostar II handbox.
- Oversized Primary Mirror - Meade primary mirror diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the 8" LX200-ACF is actually 8.25"). This additional 1/4" yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
- Primary Mirror Lock allows you to lock the mirror in place preventing movement during long-exposure astrophotography.
- Smart Drive provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and altazimuth modes.
- GPS Receiver automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align the telescope.
- AutoAlign. Telescopes with Meade''s AutoAlign are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
- AutoStar II controller features "Hot Keys" for quick access to a 145,000 celestial object database. AutoStar II can be updated with the latest software upgrades, guided tours and timely objects like comets free at meade.com.
Meade LX200-ACF 8" f/10 with Standard Field Tripod Specifications...
Clear Aperture: 8" (203mm)
Optical Design: Advanced Coma Free (ACF)
Focal Length: 2,000mm
Focal Ratio: f/10
Telescope Mounting: Heavy-duty fork type; double-tine
Optical Coatings: Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
Resolving Power (Dawes Limit): 0.570 arcseconds
AutoStar Controller: Autostar II
Object Database: 145,000 objects
Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
Eyepiece: 26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl
Diagonal: 1.25" diagonal prism
Pointing Precision (High-Precision Mode): 1-arc min.
Periodic Error Correction: Both Axes
Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC): Yes
Slow Motion Controls: Mechanical & electronic
Slew Speeds: RA and Dec: 0.01x to1.0x sidereal, variable in 0.01x increments; 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal; 1/sec. to 2/sec., variable in 0.1 increments.
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
Tripod: Standard field Tripod
Batteries (User-Supplied): 8 x C cells
Battery Life (Typical): 20 hrs.
Power: 12V DC, 5 amp power supply (optional)
GPS Receiver: Included
True Level & North Sensors (LNT): Included
Time Chip: Included
Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser: Optional
Smart Mount: Yes
Smart Drive: Yes
Mirror Lock: Yes
Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
AutoStar Suite Planetarium Software: Included
Primary Mirror & Secondary Mirrors: Low expansion borrosilicate glass
Correcting Plate/Lens: Schott Water-white Glass
Optical Tube: Aluminum
OTA Weight: 14.14 lbs.
OTA Dimensions: 9.5 in x 9.5 in x 17.5 in
Tripod Weight: 19 lbs.
Tripod Dimensions: 30" to 44" variable
Total Net Telescope Weight: 73 lbs.
Telescope Shipping Weight (approx.): 94 lbs.Meade Product Number: 0810-60-03