About the Celestron Light Pollution Reduction Filter - Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) - 72mm...
Get the most out of your Celestron Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph, even under light-polluted skies, with this Celestron Light Pollution Imaging Filter, custom-designed for RASA by Celestron and Astrodon. No matter which camera you use, this filter'''s generous 72 mm diameter allows it to easily accommodate today''s largest sensors.
Celestron'''s Optical Design, Enhanced by Astrodon...
Astrodon, the world''s leading imaging filter company, collaborated with Celestron engineers to create a filter for the Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph. The result is the best light pollution suppression filter for astroimaging. The Celestron Light Pollution Imaging Filter replaces a piece of placeholder glass in the optical path, so that RASA'''s precise optical path is unaltered.
Remove Light Pollution While Keeping Your Images Bright...
Light pollution limits how much of the night sky we can see and photograph. When imaging with a color camera in light polluted areas, skyglow degrades image quality. Celestron Light Pollution Imaging Filters help to selectively block light emitted from common streetlights and other ambient lighting. But most light pollution filters greatly compromise the total light throughput, causing dim images, and negatively impact the color balance, causing images to appear too green or blue.
The Light Pollution Imaging Filter for RASA "surgically" removes unwanted light pollution while preserving as much of the useful spectrum as possible. That means you''ll still retain over 90 percent of the light captured by your telescope at many wavelengths.
Unlike other light pollution suppression filters, the new Celestron LP Imaging Filter for RASA maintains a neutral color balance. Dielectric coatings further enhance light transmission, so you can bring out subtle color in galaxies and other faint deep sky objects. Meanwhile, anti-reflective coatings prevent star halos and minimize internal reflections.
Individually Tested for Quality...
Every Celestron Light Pollution Imaging Filter is tested individually for light transmission. Inside the box, you'''ll receive the actual transmission spectrum for your specific filter. Your report is prepared by Astrodon and matched to your filter''s serial number, so you have total confidence in your filter'''s performance.
Celestron Light Pollution Reduction Filter - Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) - 72mm Features...
- Take beautiful images of deep-sky objects from light-polluted suburban locations with the Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) using this all-new light pollution suppression filter designed by Celestron and Astrodon, the leading astroimaging filter company.
- Custom fit to drop into RASA''s optical window, so you get optimum optical performance even with the addition of the filter.
- Selectively removes unwanted light pollution while allowing more overall light transmission to pass through to the sensor. Provides over 90% transmission at critical wavelengths.
- Maintains a more neutral color balance than other light pollution imaging filters, perfect for imaging colorful nebulae and galaxies.
- Every filter is individually tested for light transmission. A graph of test results for your specific filter is included for your reference - a valuable service unique to Astrodon.
Celestron Light Pollution Reduction Filter - Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) - 72mm Specifications...
Filter Type: Light Pollution Photographic
Application: Celestron RASA Dedicated
Glass thickness: 2.1mm
Clear aperture: 68mm
Coatings: Hard coated dielectric and multi-layer antireflection coatings
Filter glass: Schott B270
Housing: Andodized aluminum
Transmission: 90%Celestron Product Number: 93617