About the Baader IR-Pass 670nm Filter...
Baader Planetarium delivers the latest tool in the planetary imager's bag of tricks. The Baader 1.25" IR-Pass Filter blocks wavelengths below 670 nm. At these longer wavelengths, planetary images are less disturbed by wavefront distortions in the atmosphere (seeing). By combining a luminance image taken with the IR-Pass filter, along with RGB frames, overall image sharpness is significantly enhanced. Some of the world's best amateur planetary images have been taken with this technique.
The Baader IR-Pass Filter shares the same outstanding features as all the other Baader filters. High optical quality, Striae-free substrate, and high efficiency multi-coatings result in the sharpest and highest contrast image possible.
Baader IR-Pass 670nm Filter Features...
- The Baader IR-Pass Filter blocks wavelengths below 670nm.
- Planetary images are less disturbed by wavefront distortions at these longer wavelengths.
- Each Baader Planetarium IR-Pass Filter substrate is fine-optically polished plane parallel for 1/4 wavefront over entire surface.
- Multi-layer dielectric coatings are plasma-assisted and ionbeam-hardened using the latest technology.
- Coatings will never degrade from use or normal cleaning.
Baader IR-Pass 670nm Filter Specifications...
Filter Type: Infrared Blocking
Format: Round, Mounted