About the iOptron iEQ45 GoTo German Equatorial Mount w/ 42" Pier...
The iOptron iEQ45 GoTo Mount is the first in a new breed of premium astro-imaging mounts from iOptron. Now it is also available with a modified DEC clutch for free spin OTA balance and lots more! The new iEQ45 has a stepper motor (instead of servo)and a higher gear ratio (now same gears as CEM60). There has also been a number of cosmetic changes (ex. plugs moved to sides, plastic covers are singular piece, etc.) to make this the best iEQ45 ever!
The iOptron iEQ45 GoTo Mount offers the next generation GoTo technology from iOptron - not to mention built-in 32-bit GPS. With a payload of 45 lbs. balanced - it comes standard with a calibrated dark field illumination polar scope and a sturdy 42" pier. It also fits both Vixen and Losmandy-type mounting plates. Its lighter weight (only 25 lbs.) makes it much easier to carry.
iOptron iEQ45 GoTo German Equatorial Mount w/ 42" Pier Features...
- Specialized astrophotography mount ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotographers
- Payload: 45 lbs
- Mount weight: 25 lbs
- Portable, compact, and sturdy German equatorial mount with the highest Payload/Mount ratio (1.7) in the category
- ST-4 autoguiding port capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection
- Permanent periodic error correction (PEC)
- Ultra-accurate tracking with temperature compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
- Gap-free structure for both R.A. and declination worms
- Built-in 32-channel GPS
- #8407 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GoTo Technology and heating mechanism
- Lowest working temperature: -20 C
- RS232 port for mount firmware upgrade and ASCOM control
- RS485 new command set completely open for user-defined control of the mount
- Resolution: 0.09 arc second
- Fits with both Vixen and Losmandy-type mounting plates
- Includes 42" Pier (Optional 2-inch tripod also available)
- Calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
- Comes standard with: 2 x 5kg counterweight, AC adaptor, 12V DC car plug adaptor, RS232-RJ9 cable and RS232 cable
iOptron iEQ45 GoTo German Equatorial Mount w/ 42" Pier Specifications...
Mount: German Equatorial Mount
Payload: 45 lbs (20kg), excluding counterweight
Mount Weight: 20 lbs (11.4kg)
Payload/Mount Weight: 1.75
Right Ascension Worm Wheel: 256 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
Declination Worm Wheel: 228 teeth, M=0.5, aluminum
Right Ascension Axis: 50mm steel
Declination Axis: 40mm steel
Motor Drive: Planetary Gear Reducer DC servo with encoder
Resolution: 0.09 arc seconds
Transmission: Synchronous belt/Gear
Latitude Adjustment Range: 5 deg ~ 70 deg
Azimuth Adjustment Range: 6 deg
GPS: Internal 32-channel GPS
Polar Scope: Yes. AccuAligning Polar Scope with dark field illumination
Level Indicator: Precision bubble
Hand Controller: Go2Nova 8407 with 358,000 objects database
PEC: Permanent PEC
Speed: 1x,2x,8x,16x,64x,128x,256x,512x,MAX(~4 deg/sec)
Counterweight Bar: 028mm
Counterweight: 11 lbs (5kg) X 2 (included)
Tripod: Pier 42"
Dovetail: Losmandy/Vixen dual saddle
Power Consumption: 0.25A(Tracking), 1.2A(GOTO)
Power Requirement: 12V DC(11 ~ 15V), 2Amp
AC Adapter: 100V ~ 240V (included)
Serial port: Yes (on hand controller)
RS232 port: Yes (on mount)
Firmware Upgrade: Yes
PC Computer Control: Yes (ASCOM)
Working Temperature: -20 C ~ 40 C
Warranty: Two year limited
iOptron Product Number: 8000E-42P
Shown with optional tripod and older model mounted on pier.