About the Celestron Granite 9x33 Binoculars - Roof...
Celestron Binoculars Granite Series Roof Prism Binoculars are the pinnacle of optical and mechanical design. Granite offers all the features you'''d expect from a top-of-the-line binocular, including ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass. The ED objective lenses and fully multi-coated optics of the Celestron Granite Binoculars provide excellent sharpness and color correction, while virtually eliminating chromatic aberration. Granite also features BaK-4 prisms with phase and dielectric coatings to increase light transmission and overall image quality.
As the name implies, Celestron Granite Roof Prisim Binoculars are made to withstand the test of time. Celestron Binoculars are constructed from magnesium alloy, which is tougher and lighter than aluminum. Granite also features metal - not plastic - twist-up eyecups.
Joining the beloved Celestron Granite Binocular series is the 9x33 model. This new model provides an excellent balance between performance and comfort, weighing just 20 ounces. The 9x33 roof prism binocular provides a wider field of view compared to 42mm binoculars, making these Celestron Binoculars an excellent choice for travel, sports and outdoor activities. Attach the binocular to a Celestron Tripod for extended viewing sessions.
Celestron Granite 9x33 Binoculars - Roof Features...
- ED Objective Lenses: Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass minimizes chromatic aberration, providing accurate color reproduction, increased resolution and contrast.
- Fully Multi-Coated Optics: Maximum light transmission through the optical path for brighter images.
- Extremely Wide Field of View: Allows the user to quickly acquire the subject being viewed. Larger viewing area makes it easier to follow subjects when they move.
- BaK-4 Prisms w/ Phase and Dielectric Coatings: Increases light transmission through the prism system for brighter images. Increases contrast and resolution.
- Open hinge design w/magnesium alloy body: Ergonomic open hinge design with a lightweight, durable magnesium frame that is easy to hold. Easy to use for extended periods of time and carry on long excursions. Simple operation even with one hand.
- 6.5 Feet Close Focus: Detailed, up close observation of subjects in close proximity. Ideal for watching birds, insects, plants, etc.
- Metal Twist-Up Eyecups: Twist-up eyecup for correct positioning of the users eyes for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses. Granite'''s metal design is more durable than plastic.
- Tripod adaptable: Attach the binocular to a tripod for extended viewing sessions.
Celestron Granite 9x33 Binoculars - Roof Specifications...
Diameter: 33 mm (1.3 in)
Magnification: 9 x
Weight (oz): 20.1 oz (570 g)
Angular Field of View (deg): 7.2
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 378ft / 126m
Exit Pupil (mm): 3.6mm mm (0.14 in)
Eye Relief (mm): 14.1 mm (0.56 in)
Near Focus (Binoculars): 8.2ft / 2.5m ft (2.5 m)
IPD Max: 73 mm (2.87 in)
IPD Min: 56 mm (2.2 in)
Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
Weather Proof: Waterproof / Fogproof - Nitrogen Purged
Tripod Adaptable: Yes
Size: 5.4" x 4.9" x 2.1" / 138mm x 125mm x 55mm in (137 mm)
Included Accessories: Neck strap, harness strap, objective lens caps, rainguard, carrying case, lens cloth, instruction manualCelestron Product Number: 71380