About the Sky-Watcher EQ6 SynScan GPS - Computerized GoTo System w/ Dual-Fit Saddle...
Sky-Watcher SynScan EQ6 Mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports. Even the most demanding experts will be impressed by the capability of these mounts for astrophotography.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to 42900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the Sky-Watcher SynScan EQ6 Mounts, They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate
Sky-Watcher EQ6 SynScan GPS - Computerized GoTo System w/ Dual-Fit Saddle Features...
- For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to 42900+ objects.
- The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a RS-232 cable.
- These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports.
- Even the most demanding experts will be impressed by the capability of these mounts for astrophotography.
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8 degree step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4 deg/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
Sky-Watcher EQ6 SynScan GPS - Computerized GoTo System w/ Dual-Fit Saddle Specifications...
Equipment Type: Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount
Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
Counterweight Shaft Length: 28.5cm
Mount Weight (without counterweight): 16Kgs
Mount Height: 41cm
Total weight: 23.5kgs (without counterweights)
Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
Gear Ratio: 705
13" Dovetail Bar
SynScan Hand Control
Mount Type: German Equatorial Go-To
Counter Weight: 2 x 5.1Kgs
Accessory Tray: Large wall-to-wall
Motor Drive: 1.8 deg stepper motors
GoTo: SynScan Hand Control
Tripod Height: 90-147cm
Tripod Weight: 7.5 kg, 2" steel tripod
Shipping Weight: 20+19 kg
Shipping Carton Dimensions: 117x28x29 cm3; 55x55x25 cm3
Payload Capacity: 18.20 kg
Slewing Speed: up to 3.4 deg/sec (800X)
Guiding Speed: from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X
Sky-Watcher Product Number: BD180131
Special Applications of EQ6 and AZEQ6 Pro mounts: Sky-Watcher equatorial or alt-azimuth GOTO mounts are not just for telescopes; some of our customers also use EQ6 or AZEQ6 Pro mount to work as a 2-axis precise positioning or rotation test platform with its heavier payload capacity and to be controlled by a computer to simulate in variety testing or measurement conditions, such as the applications of device test platform for Measurement While Drilling (MWD) in oilfield drilling industry etc.