About the Vixen ED103S - 103mm Refractor Telescope OTA...
The newly designed high definition ED lens on the Vixen ED103S Refractor Telescope gives excellent optical performance with a short Vixen Telescope optical tube for easy handling. The new ED lenses feature brighter images from the shorter f/7.7 focal ratio and capture crisp, pinpoint star images for your eye''s enjoyment. The new ED glass produces clear and high contrast viewing, virtually free of false color. The design on the Vixen ED103S uses newly developed, environmentally friendly glass technology, free of hazardous lead that helps to support a cleaner global environment.
Coupled with a medium f/7.7 focal ratio, the Vixen Telescope ED "S" series new lenses focus the full visible spectrum of visible light to a critical point much more accurately than past ED product. The ED103S - 103mm Refractor Telescope OTA lenses are almost free of chromatic aberration in all colors and are critically sharp edge to edge. The astrophotographer will be especially pleased with the high contrast images through this telescope. Vixen Telescope finishing touches includes a Dual Speed Focuser - now standard on the ED103, providing fine focus adjustments for 1/7th speed focusing - and 90mm tube rings. Combine with a Vixen Telescope Mount for excellence in astrophotography.
Vixen ED103S - 103mm Refractor Telescope OTA Features...
- Objective diameter of 4.1" (103mm) which operates at a focal ratio of f/7.7
- Short tube length of 31.5" (800mm) and tube weight of 7.9 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Provides 5.9" (150mm) of backfocus and can produce 4" (101.4mm) of backfocus with optional reducer
- Standard Dual Speed Focuser allows for fine focus adjustments for 1/7th speed focusing
- Produces sharp, color-free, high contrast images for both visual and photographic applications - without unwanted color or "blooming" around bright stars.
- New lenses focus the full visible spectrum of visible light to a critical point much more accurately than past ED product
- ED103S lenses are almost free of chromatic aberration in all colors and are critically sharp edge to edge
- Astro-photographers will enjoy the high contrast images through this telescope
Vixen ED103S - 103mm Refractor Telescope OTA Specifications...
Optical Design: ED Apochromatic Refractor
Focal Length: 795mm
Focal Ratio: f/7.7
Coating: Multi Coating
Resolving Power: 1.13 arc sec
Limiting Magnitude: 11.8
Light Gathering Power: 217x
Finder Scope: Optional
Focuser: Dual Speed
Adapter Thread: 60mm/50.8mm
Astrophotography: Prime Focus, Eyepiece Projection & Afocal Imaging
Visual Back: Compression Ring
Optical Tube Length: 31.8" (810mm)
Optical Tube Diameter: 4.5" (115mm)
Optical Tube Weight: 8 lb
Accessories Provided: Tube Rings
Vixen Product Number: 2609SP