About the Celestron CGEM DX 1400 Fastar - 14" SCT with Computerized German Equatorial Mount...
Celestron Telescope''s CGEM DX 1400 features a high-end 14" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on a brand new CGEM DX mount. The Celestron CGEM DX mount is the newest member of their fully computerized Equatorial Celestron Telescope Mount series capable of carrying Celestron''s high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 2.75" leg tripod holds even our 14" optics securely while dampening vibration, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 50 lbs of payload and slewing at 5 degrees per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the Celestron Telescope database.
Ergonomic Design - CGEM DX was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal Celestron Telescope Mount RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM DX series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM DX Celestron Telescope sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the Celestron Telescope Mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM DX will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM Celestron Telescope mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Power Management - Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the Celestron Telescope even when not perfectly balanced. This allows the CGEM DX to have the payload capacity of that of much larger Celestron Telescope Mounts without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
Celestron CGEM DX 1400 Fastar - 14" SCT with Computerized German Equatorial Mount Features...
- 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- New CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- FASTAR compatible optical tube for f/2 imaging
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron''s premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2.75 inch steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount''s power source is not accidentally disconnected
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand
- Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
Celestron CGEM DX 1400 Fastar - 14" SCT with Computerized German Equatorial Mount Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 356 mm (14 in)
Focal Length (mm): 3910 mm (154 in)
Focal Ratio: f/11
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 40 mm (1.57 in)
Magnification 1: 98 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25"
Mount: New CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Fastar Compatible: Yes
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 841 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 51 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 15.3
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.39 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.33 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 2586 x
Angular Field of View (deg): 0.71
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 4.5 in (114 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 32 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 10 %
Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT Coatings
Optical Tube Length: 24 in (610 mm)
Telescope Weight: 185 lbs (84 kg)
Counterweights: 2 x 22 lbs
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 5 /sec, 2 /sec, 1 /sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 calculation
Gear: Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12 VDC 3.5 Amps
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Eyepiece 1 Field of View (deg): .71
Celestron Product Number: 11005