About the Celestron CGEM 800 - 8" SCT with Computerized German Equatorial Mount...
Celestron Telescope'''s CGEM-800 features the high-end 8" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on their brand new CGEM mount.
The Celestron CGEM Mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron Telescope'''s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
Ergonomic Design - The CGEM Celestron Telescope Mount was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the Celestron Telescope CGEM, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the Celestron Telescope Mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM Celestron Telescope Mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
The Celestron CGEM Mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series Celestron Telescope. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
Celestron CGEM 800 - 8" SCT with Computerized German Equatorial Mount Features...
- 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron''s premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra Sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Meridian preference for slewing - allows you to approach an object from the side of the Meridian that maximizes tracking (and imaging) time
- Solar System alignment method - allows you to align your telescope and view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand
- Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings.
- GPS Compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount''s power source is not accidentally disconnected
Celestron CGEM 800 - 8" SCT with Computerized German Equatorial Mount Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 203.2 mm (8 in)
Focal Length (mm): 2032 mm (80 in)
Focal Ratio: f/10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1: 81 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25
Mount: Computerized Equatorial
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 480 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 29 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 843 x
Angular Field of View (deg): 0.62
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.7 in (69 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 11 %
Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT Coating
Optical Tube Length: 17 in (432 mm)
Telescope Weight: 88 lbs (40 kg)
Counterweights: 1 x 17 lbs
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 5 /sec, 2 /sec, 1 /sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 calculation
Gear: Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12 VDC 3.2 Amps
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Eyepiece 1 Field of View (deg): .62
Celestron Product Number: 11097