About the Celestron CGEM 1100 HD - 11" EdgeHD SCT and Computerized German Equatorial Mount...
Celestron has taken another bold step as the market leader in telescopes with the introduction of our latest series of high-end Celestron Telescopes. Since the moment Celestron first started producing Schmidt Cassegrain optical systems, they have continued to design high-quality optics with pride. After years of research and development, they have now taken one giant step!
The EdgeHD is Celestron'''s latest innovation that will surely be the system of choice for the serious astro-imagers. The new Celestron EdgeHD Telescope series features an Aplanatic Schmidt optical system that produces pinpoint star images all the way to the edge of the field. Some optical systems currently on the market may produce coma free images. But there is a difference.... the Celestron Telescope optical difference. Not only is the Celestron EdgeHD coma free, but it also has a built in field flattener to ensure sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field, producing true Astrograph quality images. This results in pinpoint, High Definition star images throughout your astro photograph.
These superior features make the new Celestron EdgeHD series the new gold standard in Astro Imaging. The EdgeHD is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The Celestron Telescope optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrograph" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. Celestron EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This Celestron Telescope guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Now let'''s talk about Celestron quality... Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron EdgeHD series coupled with Celestron''s StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD Celestron Telescope optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It'''s a vision you'''ll never forget.
Celestron CGEM 1100 HD - 11" EdgeHD SCT and Computerized German Equatorial Mount Features...
- 11" EdgeHD Optics
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Celestron'''s premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- New aplanatic Schmidt telescope design produces aberration-free images across a wide field of view
- Mirror tension locks hold the primary mirror in place and reduce image shift
- Cooling vents allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible for fast f/2 imaging
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced.
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Meridian preference for slewing - allows you to approach an object from the side of the Meridian that maximizes tracking (and imaging) time.
- Solar System alignment method - allows you to align your telescope and view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand
- Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings.
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount'''s power source is not accidentally disconnected
Celestron CGEM 1100 HD - 11" EdgeHD SCT and Computerized German Equatorial Mount Specifications...
Optical Design: EdgeHD
Aperture (mm): 280 mm (11 in)
Focal Length (mm): 2800 mm (110 in)
Focal Ratio: f/10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 23 mm (0.91 in)
Magnification 1: 122 x
Star Diagonal: 2"
Mount: CGEM Computerized Equatorial
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 661 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 40 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.7
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.5 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.41 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1600 x
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 3.75 in (95 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12 %
Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT Coatings
Optical Tube Length: 24 in (610 mm)
Telescope Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Counterweights: 2 x 17 lbs
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 5 /sec, 2 /sec, 1 /sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 calculation
Gear: Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12 VDC 3.2 Amps
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Eyepiece 1 Field of View (deg): .67
Celestron Product Number: 11082