Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope
with Specially-Priced Observer's Bundle
Save on three of the most popular telescope accessories for the Celestron NexStar SE when you buy this special telescope bundle! We’ve included a Celestron Flexible Dew Shield that will help keep moisture from collecting on the NexStar’s corrector plate optics, a Celestron 7AH Power Tank to run your telescope via the Power Tank’s built-in battery, and the Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit, which includes five extra eyepieces, a 2X Barlow lens, a Moon Filter, and six planetary filters–all nicely stored in an aluminum carry case!
Below you can read more about the Celestron NexStar 6SE telescope, as well as each of the included accessories:
About the Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerized Telescope...
Portability and serious performance come together in the Celestron NexStar 6 SE GoTo Telescope. With a total weight of 30 lb., including the tripod, the ultra portable 6 SE features a precision optical system with 1500mm focal length (f/10) and offers 44% more light gathering than a 5" telescope.
The Celestron NexStar 6 SE has all the same features as Celestron's most advanced computerized GoTo Celestron Telescopes, including revolutionary SkyAlign alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of over 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control. Plug the optional Celestron SkySync GPS Accessory into the NexStar's Auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 6 SE isn't one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the Celestron NexStar SE Computer Telescope Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube Celestron Telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior StarBright XLT coatings, revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software and much more. Use with a Celestron CCD Camera and enjoy sharing the view of both planets and deep sky objects!
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable Celestron Telescope with advanced features or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
Celestron NexStar 6SE GoTo Telescope Features...
- 6" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- SE series combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Celestron's unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control design provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the optical tube
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Sturdy computerized Alt-azimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar systems objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerized Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 150 mm (5.91 in)
Focal Length (mm): 1500 mm (59 in)
Focal Ratio: 10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1: 60 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25"
Mount: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Tripod: Steel leg
Power Supply: 8-AA batteries (not included)
Highest Useful Magnification: 354 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 21 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.93 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.77 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 459 x
Angular Field of View (deg): 0.83
Linear Field of View (@1000 yd): 44 ft (13 m)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.2 in (56 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 37 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 14 %
Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
Optical Tube Length: 16 in (406 mm)
Telescope Weight: 21 lb (9.53 kg)
Tripod and Mount Weight: 9 lb (4.08 kg)
Payload Capacity: 12 lb (5.44 kg)
Motor Drive: Integrated D.C. Electronics
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 5/sec, 3/sec, 1/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations
Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Aux
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Dovetail Compatibility: Quick Release Tube Clamp
Celestron Product Number: 11068
More About the Celestron 1.25” Eyepiece & Filter Kit…
- 32 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 17 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 13 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 8 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 6 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 2X Barlow Lens - 1.25”
- #80A Blue Filter - 1.25”
- #58A Green Filter - 1.25”
- #56 Light Green Filter - 1.25”
- #25 Red Filter - 1.25”
- #21 Orange Filter - 1.25”
- #12 Yellow Filter - 1.25”
- Moon Filter - 1.25”
2X Barlow Lens - The included, and very versatile 2X Barlow doubles the magnification of any 1.25” eyepiece. Since this kit includes five (5) eyepieces, you will be able to use them with and without the Barlow, giving you a total of ten magnification options in all. Any other 1.25” eyepieces you already have will also work in this desirable accessory, giving you even more magnification choices. Remember, high magnifications do not always produce clear, sharp results, especially on evenings of poor or moderate seeing conditions. Experiment to find the magnifications that are best for your telescope on a particular night.
Filters - Colored filters can be used to bring out certain details on a planet’s surface or its cloud structure. All of the planetary filters included in the 1.25” Eyepiece & Accessory Kit, as well as the Moon filter, can be used on any 1.25” eyepiece with the proper filter threads, so they are very versatile. Just screw one onto your eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.
Metal Case: The sturdy metal carry case has die-cut foam inside to protect and cushion your accessories. Store each one in its appointed place when not in use and you’ll keep them looking and performing like new. The case is even large enough to carry a few extra accessories. Just pull out enough of the foam cubes to make a nest for your eyepiece, camera adapter, etc. A tight fit is better, so remove the least amount of foam possible before testing the fit. You can always remove more if you need to.
More About the Celestron Power Tank…
- 7-amp hour
- Two 12V output cigarette lighter ports
- Built-in flashlight with red filter cap
- Built-in (2) USB ports for charging portable devices
- Energy efficient LED spotlight
- Booster terminal on rear side
- Built-in Circuit Breaker for safety
- Cigarette lighter adapter included
- 110 V/220 V switchable universal AC adapter included
Not only useful for setting up and powering your scope, this model can also be useful as an emergency roadside accessory as it includes an emergency light, and booster terminals in place to start weak car batteries.
More About the Celestron Dew Shield…
A dew shield is an essential accessory that protects your optical tube from excess moisture forming condensation on the corrector lens. A lens shade also helps block out stray light outside the path of the telescope for better viewing and astro-imaging.
This versatile dew shield can accommodate both 6” and 8” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tubes. Choose the outer Velcro strip for larger tubes and the inner strip for smaller tubes to customize your fit. Also compatible with the 8” EdgeHD optical tube.