About the Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 80ED Refractor Telescope OTA...
The Black Diamond 80 ED is a modestly wide-field Sky-Watcher Telescope offering bright, wide swaths of sky in a single view. It is well suited for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies from a dark-sky location, or can be used as an astrograph for sky photography. As a terrestrial spotting scope or telephoto lens, the SkyWatcher Black Diamond 80 ED's performance is absolutely superb. Ultra high contrast allows the subtlest of details to be easily scrutinized under conditions of good seeing.
The petite silhouette of the SkyWatcher Black Diamond 80 ED Refractor Telescope makes for an excellent compact, portable optical instrument that travels light and fits in a small space. At about 50-power, structural detail becomes apparent in our solar system's gas giants like Saturn and Jupiter. The Moon also exhibits striking crater detail along the lunar terminator.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings - Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%. The proprietary Sky-Watcher "Metallic High-Transmission Coatings" (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems - The objective lens cell of the Black Diamond 80ED is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser is Standard - Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser-assembly.
Tube Materials - The Black Diamond optical tube material is rolled steel. It is topped off with powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white, or black.
Telescope Tube Attachment Hardware - The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any Sky-Watcher mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond 80 ED are cast aluminum, painted white.
Included Components - The Skywatcher Black Diamond 80 ED is supplied with a 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser and a quality foam-lined aluminum carrying case as standard equipment.
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 80ED Refractor Telescope OTA Features...
- Supplied with 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser
- Objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light
- Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%
- Tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane
- Quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond 80 ED are cast-aluminum
- Includes LET 2"-28mm eyepiece, 8x50 finderscope, 2" dielectric diagonal, dual-speed crayford focuser, tube rings, dovetail, aluminum case
- Well suited for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies
- Excellent compact, portable telescope that travels light and fits in a small space
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 80ED Refractor Telescope OTA Specifications...
Optical Design: ED Apochromatic Refractor
Focal Length: 600mm
Highest Practical Power: 160x
Finder Scope: 8X50
Focuser Diameter: 2" dual speed, crayford
Diagonal: 2" 90 deg. Dielectric Diagonal with 1.25 inch adapter
Eyepiece: LET 2"-28
Tube Weight: 2.47kg
Tube Dimensions: 10 cm x 62cm
Shipping Weight: 8 kg
Shipping Dimensions:SkyWatcher Product Number: 12050.3