About the Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 120ED Refractor Telescope OTA...
Fortunate indeed is the amateur astronomer with a SkyWatcher Black Diamond 120 ED Telescope! The additional aperture of this 120 mm refractor provides a dramatic increase in resolution and a heightened sense of seeing lunar and planetary surface phenomenon in seemingly 3D-like high-definition.
With a SkyWatcher Black Diamond 120 ED Refractor Telescope, tight globular star clusters like M13 in Constellation Hercules, appear like a beehive of crisp stellar pin points, star upon thousands of stars deep into the object's core. In Deep-space, rich aggregates of stars within Galaxies, Nebulas, and open clusters appear to be brilliantly contrasted against a very dark velvet black background. The wispy, delicate, featherlike structure of dust lanes and extension of glowing gasses can be seen reaching out far beyond the object's horizons.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings - Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%. The proprietary Sky-Watcher "Metallic High-Transmission Coatings" (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems - The objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser is Standard - Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser-assembly. This focuser offers fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
Tube Materials - The optical tube material is rolled steel, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white, or black.
Telescope Tube Attachment Hardware - The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any compatible mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with the Black Diamond 120 ED are cast aluminum, painted white.
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 120ED Refractor Telescope OTA Features...
- Supplied with 2" Dual Speed Crayford Focuser
- Objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light
- Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%
- Tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane
- Quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond 120 ED are cast-aluminum
- Well suited for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies
- Includes LET 2"-28mm eyepiece, 8x50 finderscope, 2" dielectric diagonal, dual speed crayford focuser, tube rings, dovetail, aluminum case
- Excellent compact, portable telescope that travels light and fits in a small space
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 120ED Refractor Telescope OTA Specifications...
Optical Design: ED Apochromatic Refractor
Focal Length: 900mm
Highest Practical Power: 240x
Finder Scope: 8X50
Focuser Diameter: 2" dual speed, crayford
Diagonal: 2" 90 deg. Dielectric Diagonal with 1.25 inch adapter
Eyepiece: LET 2"-28
Tube Weight: 5.13kg
Tube Dimensions: 10 cm x 62cm
Shipping Weight: 18 kg
Shipping Dimensions: 124x33x23 cm3SkyWatcher Product Number: 12070.3