About the Sky-Watcher BK MAK180 - 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope w/ EQ5 SynScan GPS...
Do you want a computer Sky-Watcher Telescope to show you the sights in the night sky? Are you looking for a compact telescope design that performs as well as professional level telescope? Do you want a telescope for astrophotography? Is a Sky-Watcher Telescope which works for both terrestrial and celestial subject matter what you have in mind? Then check out the Sky-Watcher BK MAK180 - 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope w/ EQ5 SynScan GPS!
The Maksutov Signature Series is the new generation of professional quality Maksutovs from Sky-Watcher. These Sky-Watcher Telescopes are manufactured to the highest levels of optical and mechanical precision, resulting in exquisite optical performance and finish. Even the most critical observer will be delighted and surprised by the performance of the Sky-Watcher BK MAK180 - 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope w/ EQ5 SynScan GPS. In many applications the sharpness and image quality of these Sky-Watcher Telescopes matches and exceeds that of the classic Schmidt-Cassegrain design.
The Sky-Watcher BK MAK180 - 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope w/ EQ5 SynScan GPS comes complete with EQ5 Sky-Watcher Mount, Computer GoTo System, GPS, 1.25" focusing mechanism with 2" adapter, 2" right angle diagonal, generous 8x50 optical finderscope and high-quality 2" Sky-Watcher Telescope Eyepiece.
Sky-Watcher offers simple solutions for users who would like to attach their smaller Sky-Watcher Telescope to a convenient computerized system but do not wish to deal with the weight of the HEQ5 or EQ6 Sky-Watcher Mount. The EQ5 Pro mounts, like the one offered here with the Sky-Watcher BK MAK180 - 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope w/ EQ5 SynScan GPS, use the same Go-To system found in the HEQ5 and EQ6 Pros - SynScan. It allows you to point the Sky-Watcher Telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The EQ5 SynScan Sky-Watcher Mounts are the perfect instrument for novice visual observers to enjoy astronomy with minimal setup time and in-depth knowledge of the night sky.
Don''t forget, we carry plenty of Sky-Watcher Accessories, too! Look for Sky-Watcher Telescope Eyepieces and Sky-Watcher Telescope Filters for visual observers! Astrophotography buffs will appreciate Sky-Watcher Photo Adapters and the Sky-Watcher SynGuider!
Sky-Watcher BK MAK180 - 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope w/ EQ5 SynScan GPS Features...
- Manufactured to the highest levels of optical and mechanical precision
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8 degree step angle and 32 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4 deg/sec (800X).
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
- Exquisite optical performance and finish
- Compact design with amazing capabilities
- Sharpness and image quality of these telescopes matches and exceeds that of the classic Schmidt-Cassegrain design
- Works for both celestial and terrestrial applications
- Capable of being used as a super telephoto lens
- Includes GPS, adapters, generous 8x50 optical finderscope, star diagonal and high quality 2" eyepiece
Sky-Watcher BK MAK180 - 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope w/ EQ5 SynScan GPS Specifications...
Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrains
Focal Length: 2700mm
Highest Practical Power: 360x
Finder Scope: 8x50
Focuser Diameter: 1.25" opening with 2" adapter
Diagonal: 2" 90 deg. Diagonal with 1.25 inch adapter
Eye Piece: LET 2"-28mm
Telescope Mounting Method: Tube Rings
Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
Counterweight Shaft Length: 21.5cm
Counterweight Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
Mount Weight (without counterweight): 10Kgs
Mount Height: 35cm
Total weight: 15kgs (without counterweights)
Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
Gear Ratio: 705
Included: *8" Dovetail Bar, SynScan Hand Control
Accessory Tray: Yes
Tube Weight: 5.6Kgs
Tube Dimensions: 18.3cm x 40 cm
Shipping Weight: 15kg+18kg+12kg
75x30x33cm3; 127x24x25cm3; 44x44x19cm3
- SkyWatcher Product Number: BD401462