About the SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 Computerized Telescope Mount with SynScan and GPS...
Are you looking for a heavy-duty telescope mount that is perfect for astrophotography? Do you want a telescope mount that can be used in either altazimuth or equatorial modes for visual or photographic use? Is a GoTo telescope mount with GPS what you have in mind? Then the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 may just be right for you!
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 with SynScan gives optimal stability and pointing accuracy for a wide variety of heavy professional photo and video equipment. It is a hybrid mount with alt-azimuth capability for general use, and equatorial capability for astrophotography use. It comes supplied with a SynScan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware. Even more, it can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its database!
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 Telescope Mount with SynScan is capable of carrying heavy-duty photographic equipment - up to 25 kg for professional shooting and video recording. It allows accurate, repeatable settings on six programmable targets. The AZ-EQ6 is a very efficient transportable mount weighing only 15 kg, for a load capacity of 25 kg (counterweight excluded).
An excellent feature of the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 Mount with SynScan and GPS is the patented dual-encoder technology. This technology allows the telescope to be moved manually either axis without the mount losing its positional information which gives enormous freedom and convenience for users.
SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 Computerized Telescope Mount with SynScan and GPS Features...
- German Equatorial / Alt-Az dual mode
- Permanent periodic error correction(PPEC). PPEC can be trained with Autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive - Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- Shutter release control for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- Motor controller with high torque and accuracy.
- Includes two dual-fit (45mm/75mm) saddle for mounting two telescopes.
- Improved reliable power supply outlet.
- New motor controller with higher torque and accuracy.
- Polar-alignment with polar-scope or SynScan HC'''s polar-alignment routine. (Other dual mode mounts in the market do not have a polar scope.)
- Primary axis encoder tracks the mount'''s position. Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount alignment.
- Includes two Dual-fit saddles and two 5kg counterweights.
SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 GoTo Telescope Mount with SynScan and GPS Specifications...
Mount Type: Combination Altazimuth/Equatorial
Load Capacity: 25 kg
Tracking Accuracy: 0.1436 arc minutes
DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port: Yes
Autoguider Port: Yes
PEC: Control in EQ mode
Polar Alignment: via software control or supplied polar scope
Alignment methods: 1, 2, or 3 star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2 star alignment (AZ)
Telescope Connection: 2 x dual-fit saddle plates supplied accepting 45mm & 75mm dovetail bars
RA/DEC Worm Gears: D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
RA/DEC Axes: D=40mm, steel
Latitude Adjustment Range: 10o to 70o, 90o
Azimuth Adjustment Range: About 9o
Tripod: 2" Stainless Steel
Counterweights supplied: 2 x 5kg
Counterweight Bar: 25mm Diameter
Mount Body Weight: 15.4kg, Tripod Weight: 7.5kg
Power requirement: 12V DC 3A (Sky-Watcher 17Ah Power Tank recommended)Sky-Watcher Product Number: BD180151